PR Holder - Job Won't Let Me Go!

h2o_o2_co2

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hey everyone,

I got my PR Card and all process completed last summer. I plan on flying back once the restrictions ease later on this year (HOPEFULLY).
I am currently based in Dubai and my company is very keen on not letting me go.

Now, i know i have to start all over once i am in Canada. However, does anyone know of any people who have worked for a company based elsewhere whilst living in Canada (remotely). I just need guidance if that even is a feasible option for the first year at least.

Ideally; as i understand, working for a Canadian company will eventually add up (with credit score/tax purposes etc.) Any guidance on this matter would be appreciated.

Thanks!

sgp1986

Star Member
Jan 2, 2020
I've researched this, as I am hoping to work for my current company in the US remotely when my PR is approved and I can move. From what I've seen, the easiest way to do it (again, from the US) is to work as a 1099 independent contractor, and worry about my own taxes, instead of being a salaried employee and the company having to worry about it

Reactions: h2o_o2_co2

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey everyone,

I got my PR Card and all process completed last summer. I plan on flying back once the restrictions ease later on this year (HOPEFULLY).
I am currently based in Dubai and my company is very keen on not letting me go.

Now, i know i have to start all over once i am in Canada. However, does anyone know of any people who have worked for a company based elsewhere whilst living in Canada (remotely). I just need guidance if that even is a feasible option for the first year at least.

Ideally; as i understand, working for a Canadian company will eventually add up (with credit score/tax purposes etc.) Any guidance on this matter would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Your company can hire you like a contract worker from Canada. Would consult with a Canadian accountant about how best to structure your business.

Reactions: h2o_o2_co2