+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Documents Waiting

caregion

Mar 18, 2024
We received the letter asking for the passport information and photo in Nov 2023. The document says the PR documents will be expired in Apr 2024. We submitted the passport information and electronic photo accordingly in Nov 2023 and got the confirmation email from IRCC in early Dec 2023. Though we haven't received anything from IRCC since then. The online status still shows the last update in Nov 2023. Would the PR documents take so long to be sent? Can anyone please advice the next step? like submit the enquiry through webform or keep waiting?

The parents in-laws are currently in Canada. We didn't use the representative form 5476 from the beginning. The IRCC call center won't provide the information over the phone. Would there be any impact on the application if we submit the representative form 5476 now? Could IRCC call center have more information than we have from our online account? If not, we'd rather not submit 5476 now. Please advise as well, thanks!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We received the letter asking for the passport information and photo in Nov 2023. The document says the PR documents will be expired in Apr 2024. We submitted the passport information and electronic photo accordingly in Nov 2023 and got the confirmation email from IRCC in early Dec 2023. Though we haven't received anything from IRCC since then. The online status still shows the last update in Nov 2023. Would the PR documents take so long to be sent? Can anyone please advice the next step? like submit the enquiry through webform or keep waiting?

The parents in-laws are currently in Canada. We didn't use the representative form 5476 from the beginning. The IRCC call center won't provide the information over the phone. Would there be any impact on the application if we submit the representative form 5476 now? Could IRCC call center have more information than we have from our online account? If not, we'd rather not submit 5476 now. Please advise as well, thanks!
Hard for anyone to answer, really - not clear what's going on with the app here. Who were the applicants? Who is 'we'? Where were the passports and photos etc submitted? (Did that have contact #s and emails? Well, contact them, then.)

Short answer: call IRCC and ask. You can also try your MP's office.

Yes, whoever calls will either need to be the applicant or a representative, so you'd need to sbumit the representative form to get an answer.

caregion

Mar 18, 2024
Thanks! The applicants are our parents. We submitted the passports info and photos etc. via webform.

Can IRCC provide more information that we don't see online?

Could submitting the representative form cause the application review and cause any trouble on the application?

We have submitted the enquiry on webform. Do we have to submit the representative form at this point?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks! The applicants are our parents. We submitted the passports info and photos etc. via webform.

Can IRCC provide more information that we don't see online?

Could submitting the representative form cause the application review and cause any trouble on the application?

We have submitted the enquiry on webform. Do we have to submit the representative form at this point?
-Yes, IRCC can and might be able to provide more information. They might even be able to see why the delay and address inquiry to the office where it's held up. It's not guaranteed but it can happen.

-No, appointing a representative won't cause a problem.

-If you're happy with the response rate/time on the webform, no, you don't need to do anything. Or the applicants themselves can call. But it doesn't sound like webform has worked for you yet, I would not wait.

caregion

Mar 18, 2024
Thanks!

The application has taken more than 2 years now as there was some issue with the sponsorship. If we put ourselves as the representative, we are concerned if there would be any issue or delay again. We just submitted the enquiry on the webform few days ago. Can you please advise if we should submit the representative form now anyways or just keep waiting for the update?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks!

The application has taken more than 2 years now as there was some issue with the sponsorship. If we put ourselves as the representative, we are concerned if there would be any issue or delay again. We just submitted the enquiry on the webform few days ago. Can you please advise if we should submit the representative form now anyways or just keep waiting for the update?
I would submit the representative form and also call them. The form not needed if the parents can speak with them directly. May work to have them come on phone and say its ok, don't know.

caregion

Mar 18, 2024
I think I figured out the reason. I have been submitting the documents via webform by choosing 'No' for the 'Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada?' option. The letter asked to inform IRCC HongKong. Does that mean there is possibility that the IRCC HongKong hasn't received the documents yet even though the IRCC has sent the confirmation that the documents have been added to the file? Can I submit the enquiry to IRCC HongKong now?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I think I figured out the reason. I have been submitting the documents via webform by choosing 'No' for the 'Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada?' option. The letter asked to inform IRCC HongKong. Does that mean there is possibility that the IRCC HongKong hasn't received the documents yet even though the IRCC has sent the confirmation that the documents have been added to the file? Can I submit the enquiry to IRCC HongKong now?
Typically docs submitted with the correct file number will EVENTUALLY get to the correct office. But who knows when.

At this point, I would not resubmit the same info, that can in some cases cause delay: as I've stated several times, call IRCC. You have already submitted the info, and it hasn't worked yet; now try to determine whether IRCC has them, what the status is, whether they can say what timelines for them to action, basically, what's up.

As stated before: if you can call with the parent, they may be able to answer without the rep form on file. If not, you can ask them how to submit it in order to get proper answers.

Yes, calling will take some time to get through.

You can also try through MP's office.