+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Sent on April 30th when can i expect to have it?

desperatepr

Apr 30, 2018
It was processed on April 5th, and was decision made for a couple of weeks and then today, it finally showed up as it was mailed to you on April 30th.
When can I expect to receive it? I need it desperately as I'm oversea and without a valid pr card to return to Canada and I NEED to get back to work ASAP... My husband will receive it and mail it to me... wonder how long it will take for him to get it...

Gjg2018

Mar 20, 2018
Hello! I asume you applied for a replacement Permanent Resident Card. Do you mind telling me how long it took for them to process it since the moment you mailed it?
I hope you get your card soon

desperatepr

Apr 30, 2018
Hello! I asume you applied for a replacement Permanent Resident Card. Do you mind telling me how long it took for them to process it since the moment you mailed it?
I hope you get your card soon
I believe you got the answer to this from my other post:) received on Jan 19tb and started processing on April 5th. Although, my husband' pr card was sent at the same time he's is taking a bit longer I don' know why.

zezu

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
I believe you got the answer to this from my other post:) received on Jan 19tb and started processing on April 5th. Although, my husband' pr card was sent at the same time he's is taking a bit longer I don' know why.
Hi

I also sent my PR card application (for name change) 1 month ago. I havent got any confirmation or email, although the Canada Post tracking confirmed delivery. Can i please know how long it took for you to get any confirmation?

I called the call center 2 weeks after mailing, and they said itll be a few weeks before a get confirmation. The same day i had also sent an inquiry through the website- i got the answer to that inquiry 2 days ago saying they havent received it.

So is it really pending for them to open the envelope (and it takes this long for confirmation), or have they just lost the application?

I didnt assume CIC losing an application so i threw the tracking number!

Thanks

Gjg2018

Mar 20, 2018
Hi

I also sent my PR card application (for name change) 1 month ago. I havent got any confirmation or email, although the Canada Post tracking confirmed delivery. Can i please know how long it took for you to get any confirmation?

I called the call center 2 weeks after mailing, and they said itll be a few weeks before a get confirmation. The same day i had also sent an inquiry through the website- i got the answer to that inquiry 2 days ago saying they havent received it.

So is it really pending for them to open the envelope (and it takes this long for confirmation), or have they just lost the application?

I didnt assume CIC losing an application so i threw the tracking number!

Thanks
Yes. It is up to them to open the envelope and then send you email confirmation that they are working on it.
For example on the website it says that they are working on applications received on January 15th. It is May 15th!!!! ... So yeah. Be patient... it takes a very long time. The problem is if your PR card expires and you need to travel... It's too long to wait. They need more people working on this. I'm sure we would gladly pay more for the card in order to get it faster.