+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal urgent

sarah86C

Mar 4, 2024
Good day everyone, I submitted a renewal request end of December 2023, it was returned a week later due to the photo(back and forth until mid. January 2024). I resubmit it and haven't got it returned. Now my grandmother passed away and I have to leave for the funeral. I made another application and made it urgent February 23rd. It was return due to the picture again so I went to a professional and got new pictures and re submitted it. I haven't heard anything back..nor got an application number from any of the applications. I'm leaving March 19th and I'm stuck, IDK what to do.

Note: I would also like to add that I applied through the PR online portal

Please help and thank you

Last edited:

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day everyone, I submitted a renewal request end of December 2023, it was returned a week later due to the photo(back and forth until mid. January 2024). I resubmit it and haven't got it returned. Now my grandmother passed away and I have to leave for the funeral. I made another application and made it urgent February 23rd. It was return due to the picture again so I went to a professional and got new pictures and re submitted it. I haven't heard anything back..nor got an application number from any of the applications. I'm leaving March 19th and I'm stuck, IDK what to do.

Note: I would also like to add that I applied through the PR online portal

Please help and thank you
Try sending a Web Form to IRCC.

Do you have a U.S. visa, or can you enter the U.S. without needing a visa? If so, you could return to Canada via the U.S. and then enter Canada in a private vehicle (or on foot). It's not the best option, but...you would not be refused entry by CBSA.

The PR Card is only a requirement for a commercial carrier to `transport' a PR to Canada. It is not required to actually `enter' Canada (when you encounter CBSA), but is always the best thing to have. CBSA just needs to see something that shows you have PR status in Canada, which an expired PR Card could do, unless/until the officer determines that you have not met the Residency Obligation to have maintained your PR status.
The card expires, but the status does not.

sarah86C

Mar 4, 2024
I do not have a USA visa. I have my record of landing paper and a copy of my old expired PR card.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should apply for a PRTD to return home. Would suggest applying now in case you don’t get a new PR card in time