+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card Renewal - Urgent Processing

dom2112

Aug 5, 2011
Hello all,

I just have a quick question. I am about to send in my application for PR renewal. I just need some advise: I have met the residency obligation of staying in Canada for 730 days. I have stayed 731 days right now. I have all my documents to prove this. Will this be sufficient enough for me to get back my PR card, as I need to travel next month.

CIC already has a file for me because I wasn't aware of the residency times so I had applied last year and for obvious reasons, I could not get it. However, they still have my old PR card. Should I tell them this when I send back in my application? Because I know you need to send in your expired PR card but they already have mine.

Also, because they have a file for me already, will this affect me getting back my card now, since I have fully met all the requirements?

I had sent my application and so forth to the St. Clair Ave location last year, but I see the website says Nova Scotia. I live in Toronto, do I have to send it that far or can I send it back to the St. Clair processing center?

I am sending in my application on the 22nd August and I need to travel by the 15th September. do you think I will be able to get it by then. (Anyone who has experience with their Urgent processing times, please let me know).

Thanks a lot !! I appreciate all your advise !

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just did urgent processing for my PR renewal with 736 days of physical presence. It took 2 weeks from when they got my application to when I picked up my card at the Edmonton local CIC office. You should send your application to Novia Scotia as it stated on their website. They should have a history of your file since you have a client number which I am sure they will pull up. You might just write a letter and include in your application to explain.

Concerning if they will give you problems because of your history, you never know until you apply. Really there is nothing you can do to determine how it will go so I would say dont worry about that... just apply.

dom2112

Aug 5, 2011
Thank you Alabaman, I appreciate your replt :)
2 weeks time is what I had in mind also, from reading various forums regarding a time line, so all should be well for me to travel. I have fulfilled all the necessary PR residency obligations so I really hope no problems arrive. I am sending it off next week.

thanks once again

dom2112

Aug 5, 2011
Hey ! I have one more question:

When doing the urgent processing, do you need to provide a reason for them or just our plane tickets is sufficient?

dom2112

Aug 5, 2011
Hello again ! :)

I have one other quick query, please advise.

So i've sent in my urgent request for processing my PR on Monday, it arrived on Wednesday. I wanted to know, from who ever had exprience in urgent processing, how long it takes before they contact us to let us know if all is well or not since I am booked to fly on the sep 15. Can someone advise about when and how cic contacts us to let you know.

Much appreciated !!

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should relax and let the process run through its course. Right now, there is nothing much you can do.

Meanwhile, check here at the end of each day until your information is entered.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en