+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal under humanitarian / compassionate basis

liz9000

Jan 13, 2011
HI All
I need to hire immigration consultant for submitting my application for renewal of PR card under humanitarian and compassionate basis as I never completed minimum days for renewing my PR card .

I stayed out as my smaller daughter was born outside canada and its sponsorship process took two years. I applied for her TRV but it was refused twice. As I received her sponsorship ; I came back to canada within couple of days but my stay does not meet residency

Also, can any one recommend the top three best immigration lawyers in Toronto who can handle the case.

Please advice.

Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you in Canada now and how many days do you have already?

In most cases, it is easier and faster just to let your PR card expire and only apply to renew it once you meet the requirements again.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
liz9000 said:
HI All
I need to hire immigration consultant for submitting my application for renewal of PR card under humanitarian and compassionate basis as I never completed minimum days for renewing my PR card .

I stayed out as my smaller daughter was born outside canada and its sponsorship process took two years. I applied for her TRV but it was refused twice. As I received her sponsorship ; I came back to canada within couple of days but my stay does not meet residency

Also, can any one recommend the top three best immigration lawyers in Toronto who can handle the case.

Please advice.

Thanks.
Not really enough detail here but if your sponsorship was approved then it means the visa officer at the Canadian Diplomatic Post deemed you met the Residency Obligation and considered H&C reasons.

You can always apply for your PR Card under H&C conditions but as per established case law in the Federal Court of Canada the CIC officer reviewing your PR Card application has the right to consider the case on its merits and not to follow the visa post officers decision i.e he can deem you don't meet the RO and worst case scenario issue a sec 44 report that you are inadmissible.

Having your child outside Canada is a personal choice so unless there were medical reasons why the mother could not deliver in Canada its no dice and you could be wasting your money.

It may be better to accept your luck that your sponsorship got approved and sit out the time to get enough days to apply for a PR Card but then I guess you need to leave Canada and need the PR Card for travel right?