+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal Application - Help

RR_11

Apr 13, 2020
Hi,

I am filling the PR card application form (IMM5444) and I have the following questions. Hoping someone can share their experience:

1. I am unable to fit all my travel history in the space provided in the form. I do not understand the instructions "print out additional page containing the appropriate section, complete it and submit it with your application". Should I recreate the table rows and columns on a word document and include all the information there and indicate "see attached document" in the space provided in the form? or should I reprint the exact page and cross out all the other questions?
  2. Where should I add the additional sheets? After the last page of the form or after the page where the question is?
  3. Should I indicate the "From" date based on when I left Canada or when I entered the other country. For example, I left Canada on 2-Jan and I entered the other country I am visiting on 3-Jan because of the long flight time. Which date should I include?
  4. How should I count the number of days? Do I include the from and to days in the count?
  5. Under the travel history question, how should I indicate the period to be assessed? I know that "from" will be the day I became a PR, but what about "to", what date should I put? Should it be the day I am sending the application or should I just say 'present'?
  6. I landed in Canada and then returned home for 2 years before I returned to Canada again. What is the best way to explain reason for absence?

Please Help.

Thank you

Last edited: