+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal - advice required from Senior Members

liz9000

Jan 13, 2011
Hi Leon and other Senior Members,

I need your fair advice; will be really grateful for your advice and support.
My PR will be expiring in March 2013. I have only lived 360 days in Canada out of 730 days in last 5 years. I am currently living in Canada for last six months. My husband has PR and he has been living for more than two years and has been working since last two years. My two children are going to school and we also have mortgage for our home for last one year.

The reason due to which I was out of Canada was due to fact that my small daughter was born outside Canada and I had to wait for her sponsorship process which took 1 year and 10 months. During this period my husband was in Canada while I was staying back home as my younger daughter could not travel to Canada. We applied twice for her TRV which was rejected.
I have two options:

The first option is to stay here in Canada and complete 730 days. The only issue is that during this process; I will not be able to travel outside Canada. In case there is any emergency back home and I need to travel, I will not be able to travel back to Canada.

The second option is to apply for renewal of PR card based on Humanitarian / Compassionate Basis.
I need your kind advice which is the best option and if you can help in sharing some PROS / CONS of both options will be really grateful. Please also advice whether my application can be considered based on Humanitarian / Compassionate basis.
Thanks,
Liz

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
liz9000 said:
Hi Leon and other Senior Members,

I need your fair advice; will be really grateful for your advice and support.
My PR will be expiring in March 2013. I have only lived 360 days in Canada out of 730 days in last 5 years. I am currently living in Canada for last six months. My husband has PR and he has been living for more than two years and has been working since last two years. My two children are going to school and we also have mortgage for our home for last one year.

The reason due to which I was out of Canada was due to fact that my small daughter was born outside Canada and I had to wait for her sponsorship process which took 1 year and 10 months. During this period my husband was in Canada while I was staying back home as my younger daughter could not travel to Canada. We applied twice for her TRV which was rejected.
I have two options:

The first option is to stay here in Canada and complete 730 days. The only issue is that during this process; I will not be able to travel outside Canada. In case there is any emergency back home and I need to travel, I will not be able to travel back to Canada.

The second option is to apply for renewal of PR card based on Humanitarian / Compassionate Basis.
I need your kind advice which is the best option and if you can help in sharing some PROS / CONS of both options will be really grateful. Please also advice whether my application can be considered based on Humanitarian / Compassionate basis.
Thanks,
Liz
IMHO wait till you have 730 days. What are the reasons for you absence other than the 1 year 10 months you were awating for sponsorship? What is the nature of the emergency that would make you have to travel home?