+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card processing status

Apr 23, 2018
Good morning,

I would like to know if there is any way to verify that my PR card is being processed

I made a short landing in Canada in April 2018 and I'm planning to relocate permanently by July 2018. I planned to provide my cousin address in Canada in order to receive the PR card on my behalf but unfortunately the CBSA agent didn't accept it. He rather gave me a link to CIC website where I can provide my personal address when I get one!

When I try to log into the "Change your Address" or the Check your Application Status" services of CIC, I receive the following message: "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided". It has been 15 days since my first landing and I'm afraid now that the agent didn't even launch my PR card application! Is this even possible ? and if not could you please give an estimation of time between first entry to Canada and start of PR card processing ? because, if I understand well, the sevice will only provide status of applications being processed.

Thanks

mj_toronto

Mar 28, 2018
Good morning,

I would like to know if there is any way to verify that my PR card is being processed

I made a short landing in Canada in April 2018 and I'm planning to relocate permanently by July 2018. I planned to provide my cousin address in Canada in order to receive the PR card on my behalf but unfortunately the CBSA agent didn't accept it. He rather gave me a link to CIC website where I can provide my personal address when I get one!

When I try to log into the "Change your Address" or the Check your Application Status" services of CIC, I receive the following message: "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided". It has been 15 days since my first landing and I'm afraid now that the agent didn't even launch my PR card application! Is this even possible ? and if not could you please give an estimation of time between first entry to Canada and start of PR card processing ? because, if I understand well, the sevice will only provide status of applications being processed.

Thanks
Unfortunately, online system has some issues because of which it doesn't work for few of us.
You should fax the filled-scanned form (that VO gave you) to the number that is mentioned on the form. They'll update it on your file. Also, to ensure they read your information and put that in the system correctly, call them after a week. It'll give you a peace of mind.

Apr 23, 2018
Online change of address functionality is broken. Please call CIC customer care to get address changed.
Oh ok! thanks for reply.

Unfortunately, online system has some issues because of which it doesn't work for few of us.
You should fax the filled-scanned form (that VO gave you) to the number that is mentioned on the form. They'll update it on your file. Also, to ensure they read your information and put that in the system correctly, call them after a week. It'll give you a peace of mind.
Thanks a lot but I'm not sure what's the "filled-scanned form". The CBSA agent gave me just a copy of the signed Confirmation of PR along with some useful documentation and the abovementioned links.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Thanks a lot but I'm not sure what's the "filled-scanned form". The CBSA agent gave me just a copy of the signed Confirmation of PR along with some useful documentation and the abovementioned links.
That's IMM 5456B. Sometimes CBSA agent voluntarily give it while other times you have to ask for it. Do not worry. Just call CIC customer care and they will update address for you.

http://www.immigration.ca/processing-of-confirmation-of-permanent-residence-documents/

Clients could update their address in Canada by:

• Contacting the call centre
  • Using the online Address Notification tool on the CIC website
  • Completing the form titled Address Notification – Permanent Resident Card (IMM 5456B) and transmitting it to the fax number shown

Reactions: Massinissa.gaia