+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card pickup interview

hari1984

Jan 24, 2013
Hi ,

I have received a letter from cic stating my pr card is ready for pickup at the local cic office however a determination of your residency obligation must be made. Is this something to worry about?

They have asked for phone/utility/cable bills for the last 5 years. I don't have these for the last five years, is this requirement or can it be substituted with something else..

Thanks

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hari1984 said:
Hi ,

I have received a letter from cic stating my pr card is ready for pickup at the local cic office however a determination of your residency obligation must be made. Is this something to worry about?

They have asked for phone/utility/cable bills for the last 5 years. I don't have these for the last five years, is this requirement or can it be substituted with something else..

Thanks
1. Could you delete your duplicate post.

2. CIC will ask a select number of PR Card applicants to collect their cards in person if they have residency concerns about your declared days in Canada or for Quality Assurance/ Programme Integrity reasons. How many days did you declare for physical presence in Canada?

3. Best to submit what is asked but if you haven't got it explain your reasons - not having utility bills is unusual for someone living in Canada so its going to be a hard sell. You have a lease, mortgage deed, insurance, pay stubs, employer letter, bank statements, notice of tax assessments, medical/ dental bills? Take this with you and any other document as evidence of your presence in Canada.

4. They will want to see your passport/s too for the 5 year period. I'd make copies of these documents for CIC and after interview keep your originals.

Good luck

hari1984

Jan 24, 2013
Well I have been living and working in Canada for the last 5 years only leaving the country for vacations. I have T4's, letter my rental office, letter from employer. Cellphone bill I am only able to acquire it for the last 18 months online.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hari1984 said:
Well I have been living and working in Canada for the last 5 years only leaving the country for vacations. I have T4's, letter my rental office, letter from employer. Cellphone bill I am only able to acquire it for the last 18 months online.
Your file seems to have been pulled for programme integrity/ quality assurance. Take what you have including your passport. If Bell can get you previous bills then take these too but if it will delay pick up just go ahead and explain your situation. What documents did you submit with your application? Let us know how it goes.

hari1984

Jan 24, 2013
When I applied, i gave copy of my passport, current pr card, license, t4's, letter from employer,record of landing form.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hari1984 said:
When I applied, i gave copy of my passport, current pr card, license, t4's, letter from employer,record of landing form.
Have you filed taxes/ do you have Notice of Assessments from Revenue Canada? Is your employer a recognized Canadian company?

hari1984

Jan 24, 2013
I had the interview today. They only asked for my old pr card, passport and driving license. Was in and out in 5 minutes. Got the new pr card for another 5 years. :D

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hari1984 said:
I had the interview today. They only asked for my old pr card, passport and driving license. Was in and out in 5 minutes. Got the new pr card for another 5 years. :D
Congratulations...seems it was a programme integrity/ quality assurance pick up call.