+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD OBLIGATION

Dominica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
My spouse sponsored me, i did my landing in April,2012 and stayed in Canada for about 15 days since i had to return back to close up with my job in the Gulf and in the meantime my dad took ill so decided not to move back to Canada for a while so i could be of some assistance to my mum, my dad passed away in Feb this year, i now plan to move to Canada in July,2013. Wanted to know the following.

1) Will the immigration officers notice that i have been away from Canada for over a year will they question me.

2) last year when i did my landing i did carry few belongings of mine mostly clothes, however at that time i provided them the list of goods to follow and they had noted the same this included my laptop. I presume these goods go as unaccompanied, now since the quantity was not so much i will be taking them along with me, i was just wondering if they will charge me custom duty for these goods, (clothes, shoes, little novelty items & my laptop)

Awaiting a reply.

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
The simplest answer to your query is, You will not have any problem, one year absence is not at all issue as you just landed last year, carry the stamped list with you and everything will be through.