+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card never received but don't want to reapply right now

penewpr

Jan 10, 2022
Hi,

I landed in Canada in August and was waiting for my first PR card to arrive. But it didn't arrive and I had to leave Canada.

Upon inquiring with the IRCC, I was informed that the PR card was in fact mailed - but I never received it. I now need to make the Solemn Declaration saying I never received the card.

However, I'm confused what to do as I'm no longer in Canada and I don't currently have a Canadian address I can use on the Solemn Declaration form.

Does someone know how to declare an international address on the form? (Or should I send an accompanying letter?).

In fact, the IRCC website says that the Solemn Declaration form can be used if "your PR card was lost, stolen or destroyed but you don’t want to reapply for a new one right now". But the form has no option for doing this.

Thank you for your help!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I landed in Canada in August and was waiting for my first PR card to arrive. But it didn't arrive and I had to leave Canada.

Upon inquiring with the IRCC, I was informed that the PR card was in fact mailed - but I never received it. I now need to make the Solemn Declaration saying I never received the card.

However, I'm confused what to do as I'm no longer in Canada and I don't currently have a Canadian address I can use on the Solemn Declaration form.

Does someone know how to declare an international address on the form? (Or should I send an accompanying letter?).

In fact, the IRCC website says that the Solemn Declaration form can be used if "your PR card was lost, stolen or destroyed but you don’t want to reapply for a new one right now". But the form has no option for doing this.

Thank you for your help!
Then apply the card once you are back.

Reactions: armoured

penewpr

Jan 10, 2022
Thanks steaky.

According to IRCC, I need to send the Solemn Declaration form ASAP so that the card they sent is cancelled and not misused.