+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD Failed to comply 730 days -- Appeal for Humane and Compassionate reas

formula1

Jun 16, 2009
Hi Leon,

Thank you very much for all your effort in answering our concerns.I got my PR card in June 2004 and never went back to Canda because of my personal problems . Technically lost my PR status .My question how to appeal on Humane and Compassionate reason. I have all valid reason to make a attemp on this ground.

How to apply on Humane and Compassionate reason as I am in US working .Please ,Please send me details on this .Is there a department I should write directly or take help from Lawyer .Can I contact any good lawyer who can handle my case .please help me on this .

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know if being in the US working is considered a valid H/C reason to not use your PR. You can try the lawyer who owns this forum. I have heard he's good. Since it's not like you are just short a few days though, if you never went to Canada, you are short like almost 2 years, I don't know if it's worth a try. Maybe just apply again.

formula1

Jun 16, 2009
Thanks for your input .I am not using working in US as a Humane and Compassionate reason .I ran into lot of personal problems that was beyond my control that I want to make a case with supporting documents and appeal on Humane and Compassionate reason and take a chance .

My question to you is how to apply for Humane and Compassionate ground .Is there a department I should appeal .Who is the lawyer you are refering on this site .Can you please provide a contact info .

Once again thank you for doing a excellent service to the people in need .

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your PR card is still valid, you can try going to Canada and see what will happen. If they tell you that you have to prove your residency because you have been gone too long, they will let you in for a month and give you the paperwork so you can then make your H&C appeal. I do not know what kind of odds you have on being accepted for that.

Or if they actually let you in without any questions, you can apply for a new PR card and list your H&C reasons on there. Or if you get in without any questions, you could also pretend you don't know that you lost your PR status and get a job and see if they kick you out. If you do that, it would be advisable to stay in Canada for at least 2 years and not try to apply for renewal of your card until then. If your card it still valid now, you can use it for your initial registrations for example for health care etc. and you will not need it by the time it expires. There is no law in Canada that says you must have a valid PR card at all times. It's mainly for travel.

If your PR card has expired, you need to ask for a PR visa to go to Canada so you can apply to renew your PR card. On that application, you will fill out how long you have been in Canada and then you can make your H&C appeal.