+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card delivery

countrystates

Sep 23, 2011
Hello All,

When PR card is delivered by Canada Post, do they need a signature before delivery or they just drop in the mail box and go?
If signature is required and no one is at home.. do they return it back to CIC?
If I take a mail forwarding service from Canada Post, will Canada Post forward this mail to any other province in Canada?

Please advise... Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's sent by regular mail. No signature is required.

countrystates

Sep 23, 2011
Re: PR card

Thanks Scylla.

It may take another month to receive my first PR card. In case, my mailing address is updated today, will it be like 46 business days(or current processing time) from today... i.e, will my card's processing time be reset to start from today or will it still be from my landing date?

I am not sure if by forwarding my current mail to my new address, I would still receive the PR card as usual or update address at CIC (but again do not want to reset my processing time)?

Appreciate your thoughts/experience.
Thanks

ST22

Aug 10, 2021
Re: PR card

Thanks Scylla.

It may take another month to receive my first PR card. In case, my mailing address is updated today, will it be like 46 business days(or current processing time) from today... i.e, will my card's processing time be reset to start from today or will it still be from my landing date?

I am not sure if by forwarding my current mail to my new address, I would still receive the PR card as usual or update address at CIC (but again do not want to reset my processing time)?

Appreciate your thoughts/experience.
Thanks
Have you taken mail forwarding service for PR card? I am thinking of to get this for my PR card.. pls share your experience so that I can take a call.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Have you taken mail forwarding service for PR card? I am thinking of to get this for my PR card.. pls share your experience so that I can take a call.
Mail forwarding will NOT work for PR card. The envelope is stamped very clearly DO NOT FORWARD and Canada Post will definitely follow that instruction.

ST22

Aug 10, 2021
Do you have a friend who would be able to help you forward the document once they received it?
Do you have a friend who would be able to help you forward the document once they received it?
Yes.. that can be a option....but for that I have to change the address with IRCC first...if i want to add his address instead of mine .

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes.. that can be a option....but for that I have to change the address with IRCC first...if i want to add his address instead of mine .
If he can check your letterbox, then you don't need to change your address with IRCC...

dream_on_7

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
ircc says my Pr card has been sent to production.
It’s been 11 days and I haven’t got it mailed.
How long does it take?