+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card Delay and followup from out of Canad,Travel document

renuprithiv

Feb 14, 2011
Dear all

We got PR (3 me,spouse and a child)

• Landing papers received March 2011
• Landed at Toronta 10 July 2011
• Return back to India 17 July 2011 (Due to our Contracts closing and personal)
• Got SIN within 30days

We gave our sisters address for PR card delivery. We received our SIN within a month
time however we do not know our PR Card Status & worried so much as it is nearly 120 days that we applied for the card.
And my sister whose address we have given for communication neither received any query nor any status from the immigration department.

For my CGA program I have to be in Canada before April 11..How can I know the status..Some one informed to contact call center from india.I am afraid that contacting CIC from India will make PR process stop.
Can any one help us..How to proceed further..Should I need to apply for a travel document? Is it difficult in getting travel document from India? Howlong will it take processing

Kindly any one help us

Renu

nemesis077

Sep 7, 2011
Hi

I am in the same boat I have got my SIN Card I have applied on 6 June 2011 but there is problem with the picture of my PR card and I called few times they said they are going to send me the letter at my Canadian address but still waiting for the letter. But I applied for my travelling document I got the visa till 31.05.2012.

I think you have to call CIC office and find out.

renuprithiv

Feb 14, 2011
nemesis077 said:
Hi

I am in the same boat I have got my SIN Card I have applied on 6 June 2011 but there is problem with the picture of my PR card and I called few times they said they are going to send me the letter at my Canadian address but still waiting for the letter. But I applied for my travelling document I got the visa till 31.05.2012.

Hi nemesis077

Many thanks for your reply..Can you pls clarify the below points

Do we need to apply Travel document thru agent or directly we can apply?
What reason we have to mention in Travel document application for entering canada before pr card receipt? Humanitarian/contract closing?

How long processing time for Travel document?
Precautions taken before applying Travel document?
Can you pls help ?

nemesis077

Sep 7, 2011
Hi

I dont think so you have to apply through agent In my case I went to the embassy and submit my documents and get my travelling documents on the same day (wait three hours). But if you want to send it by post it will take 4 to 5 working days. I am living in London so I am not sure how it works in India.

I didn't mention anything just filled the relevent section. No humanitarian or other in my case. I think same in yours.

Not receiving a PR card is a very common problem when I went to the embassy at the counter they didn't asked me anything . It is very straightforward.

Make sure that you tick all the requirements before applying.

Just out of interest are you an accountant because I read in your post that you are going to take CGA course? because I have to apply for CGA exemptions.

ckguysh

Nov 19, 2011
nemesis077 said:
Call this number 1-613-944-4000 (from outside Canada) and it worked.
Used option 1 , 2, 1, 2, and 1.
this number stopped working recently. anybody knows if there are other numbers to call to reach CIC call center?

abhi812

Sep 10, 2010
nemesis077 said:
Hi

I dont think so you have to apply through agent In my case I went to the embassy and submit my documents and get my travelling documents on the same day (wait three hours). But if you want to send it by post it will take 4 to 5 working days. I am living in London so I am not sure how it works in India.

I didn't mention anything just filled the relevent section. No humanitarian or other in my case. I think same in yours.

Not receiving a PR card is a very common problem when I went to the embassy at the counter they didn't asked me anything . It is very straightforward.

Make sure that you tick all the requirements before applying.

Just out of interest are you an accountant because I read in your post that you are going to take CGA course? because I have to apply for CGA exemptions.

hey buddy can I get you email id ,Please io need your help to fill Travel doccument information

abhi812

Sep 10, 2010
hi neimissis,

I have got PR 30 days back.Now I want to go india.But in the travel doccument They are saying if you have got PR less than 5 yrs go and your stay is less than 730 days than apply on Humanitarian ground.

How did you filee the Travel doccument please help

ckguysh

Nov 19, 2011
Just answer Q15 and ignore the rest. You qualify as a PR as you just got it. You cannot spend 730 days in one month of being a PR.

nemesis077

Sep 7, 2011
Hi

If you are recently landed in Canada you just fill the travelling documents questions upto 16 and question 18 if you are accompanying a Canadian citizen then you have to fill this section otherwise check the box (No) and question 17 same if you are not employed by Canadian business.

I am not sure about your circumstances but if you qualifies for PR requirements you have to leave it blank.

Thanks

abhi812

Sep 10, 2010
Thanks alot to both of you

Here is my sitiation,I along with my wife landed on 27th October 2011 .Now on 05th December we are planining to go to india.
As we do not have PR card ,We need to apply for Travel Doccument in India.

So in the PRTD form upto which section should I fill.Is it till secition 15.
In section 15,I think I just need to fill details from 27th October 2011 onwards .Right??

Also ,I am just accompanying my wife who is PR like me waiting for PR card,So should I fill 16 or leave it

Please help in confirming me above.

Thanks alot in advance

ALso did any one of you have experience of getting travel dooccument friom India

nemesis077

Sep 7, 2011
Yes you are right but please make sure call CIC office to find out about your PR card might be there is a problem with the photographs and you can call them asked them that you have to travel they will deal your case immediately. My friend waiting for his PR card while he was in Canada he called CIC office and they send his PR card in 5 or 6 days.

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Hello,

I was just informed that the picture we sent for our Permanent Residence card are not valid (strange since I took the specs to the photographer and they looked exactly like the ones they wanted) Never mind, no point in complaining since it will not change anything.

I was told that I should get a form to my home address in Canada. Does anyone know what they ask for in the form? They said that if I do not receive the form I can always send a letter explaining what happened with my address, client ID reference and new photographs, and mail them to the Toronto office.

I was just wondering if anybody has gone through this and if they can tell me what the process is like. Will it take forever to get my cards afterwards. We have already waited 4 months and now they decided to tell us the pictures are wrong!!! I really hope that the other aspects of Canada work much better than immigration... otherwise we have made a big mistake!!!

Thanks.

can_2010

Apr 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello nemesis077,

How much time did it take for you to get the travel document ? (I am assuming you are in India).

nemesis077 said:
Hi