+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card convention refugee-

Mari2019

Feb 19, 2019
Hi everyone,

I was a convention refugee and went through an intense uncertainty for some time and then my case hearing and long wait. Finally, I was able to apply for PR in June 2018 and just in January 2020 I received an email from CIC that my PR application is complete and the Etobicoke office in Orntario will contact me regarding my PR appointment.

My questions are that:

1- How long does it take for the Etobicoke office to contact me?
2- What questions will be asked at the appointment? Will they approve on the spot or have to wait for the approval?
3- When approved for PR card, when will they give the PR card?

It would be very much appreciated someone with the same experience would respond to me.

Thank you!

Sarah0211

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
A colleague went through the process, she had to wait for 3 weeks for the office to get in touch, the interview was just to congratulate her on getting approved and handing back her passport. As for the PR card arriving in the mail, it was a month. Good luck! You got it pretty fast. Some people have been waiting for over a year.

Can someone reply please ?
I need help.
Much appreciated!

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
Hi everyone,

I was a convention refugee and went through an intense uncertainty for some time and then my case hearing and long wait. Finally, I was able to apply for PR in June 2018 and just in January 2020 I received an email from CIC that my PR application is complete and the Etobicoke office in Orntario will contact me regarding my PR appointment.

My questions are that:

1- How long does it take for the Etobicoke office to contact me?
2- What questions will be asked at the appointment? Will they approve on the spot or have to wait for the approval?
3- When approved for PR card, when will they give the PR card?

It would be very much appreciated someone with the same experience would respond to me.

Thank you!
Have you got your pr and secondly have you included your dependents in yr pr application do you have kids please share your timeline it would be very thankful of you