+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR, BC card, MSP issues (Vancouver, BC)

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
Went to ICBC Richmond and they did not accept my ecopr as primary ID which is strange to be honest. This is simply ridiculous as the ecopr is an official govt issued document. What will be the difference between the PR card and the ecopr? Both will have same information! lol Big brains!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Went to ICBC Richmond and they did not accept my ecopr as primary ID which is strange to be honest. This is simply ridiculous as the ecopr is an official govt issued document. What will be the difference between the PR card and the ecopr? Both will have same information! lol Big brains!
Well, I have been a Canadian citizen for over 20 years, when I renew my driver's license, they want to see my citizenship card. Not my passport, not my medical card, not my still valid driver's license. So I had to go to my deposit box at my bank to get it out for a DL renewal.
(I almost never need to use my citizenship card... on normal days)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PR card is not a physical card while eCOPR is a digital.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Yogi, The whole BC thing is a gong show. Most provinces would accept the COPR as a document. I have been waiting 20+ mnths to get PR card, so I can get other BC documents. I hope you don't have to wait as long!

Reactions: CripplingYogi194

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Hi everyone,

I know that this thread is seemingly old news now, but I just wanted to clarify; is this your first time applying for a BC driver's license?

I ask because my understanding is that a valid passport/ PR card are not required to renew an expired driver's license. You simply need to exchange your old one for a new one.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi everyone,

I know that this thread is seemingly old news now, but I just wanted to clarify; is this your first time applying for a BC driver's license?

I ask because my understanding is that a valid passport/ PR card are not required to renew an expired driver's license. You simply need to exchange your old one for a new one.
They did ask me for a piece of ID in addition to my old driver's license a few years ago. Not this time though. Not sure why.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yogi, The whole BC thing is a gong show. Most provinces would accept the COPR as a document. I have been waiting 20+ mnths to get PR card, so I can get other BC documents. I hope you don't have to wait as long!
You hadn’t met your RO and applied to renew your PR card based on H&C. That is one of the reasons processing has been so long in this case.

Reactions: Rasha

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Hi everyone,

I renewed my DL in May in BC and only had to give them my old card. They didn't ask for passport or PR card.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
You hadn’t met your RO and applied to renew your PR card based on H&C. That is one of the reasons processing has been so long in this case.
Yes Canuck78, I realize that now and even spoke about that with the IRCC Agent when we met and picked up our cards last week.

Thank you.