+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR approved in less than 6 months?

Alicialeigh

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Category........
CEC
Hi all. This is a very general query. I'm aware the guideline given for processing is 6 months, hence the term 'express' entry. I see some applications can take much longer, and some maybe a bit less. But I'm wondering if anyone here, applying from outside of Canada, has actually been approved in less than 6 months and how often that occurs? I understand there may be delays if more information or further clarification is required, but what circumstance has allowed for super-fast approval?

This also links to another question I have about Job Bank. We're encouraged to actively use this tool, but how's that possible when we have no idea when we'll be approved and able to travel to Canada? Most of the roles I have come across are for an immediate start.

Many thanks!

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
IIRC their goal is to process at least 80% of the applications in 6 months or less. And I've seen a lot of people here on the forum from outside Canada getting their PR well within this timeline as well. So 6 months is definitely possible, but factors like number of people on the PR application, nationality, countries you visited/resided in, NOC code + work experience, criminal record etc. all play an important role in how long it's exactly gonna take.

I don't think the Job Bank has ever worked for anyone, exactly for the reason you described. Unless you have a skillset that is massively in demand, any Canadian employer simply will laugh at the thought of commiting to hire someone who isn't even authorized to work.