+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR approval

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
A PR can travel on their home country passport as long as they don't travel to their home country. If they travel to their home country, then they put themselves at risk of cessation when they apply for Canadian citizenship and risk having their PR status revoked by Canada. Some people are able to travel to their home country without this happening but there are others who end up losing their PR status and being forced to leave Canada. So it's only travel to the home country that's a risk. Of course once you are a Canadian citizen, you can do whatever you want.
If they are a protected person they can’t travel on their home country passport either they must travel using an RTD. Both using your home country passport, renewing your home country passport and traveling to your home country are grounds for reavailment.

https://ccrweb.ca/en/travel-outside-canada-refugees

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well that's my point brother, I have never mentioned visiting my home country where I have suffered of death for sure I won't go there even with a citizenship lol
What I have said is that I urgently need to travel and I can't wait no more for that Refugee travel document especially since I've been waiting for a while now for it and no hope and I need to travel somewhere else urgently to do something it's serious no joke!
I was pretty sure it's allowed but in case anyone said anything I do have the prof it's urgent though.
Thanks btw.
Edit: I have tried everything possible to have that RTD earlier but with no success and even the parliament member office said it's really urgent BUT WITH NO SUCCESS as well and people keeps saying why I'm frustrated. If my case is Urgent with many evidences WHY THEY DO INCLUDE URGENT option if it doesn't work!
This advice is unfortunately incorrect and the Syrians protected people you know are at risk of losing their status in Canada if they travel using their Syrian passport and not an RTD. I have attached proof for the Canadian refugee council. You must use an RTD as a protected person or risk losing your status in Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If they are a protected person they can’t travel on their home country passport either they must travel using an RTD. Both using your home country passport, renewing your home country passport and traveling to your home country are grounds for reavailment.

Technically yes. Practically speaking this isn't happening. There are a number of us in the citizenship section of the forum who are closely following cessation cases. IRCC is only pursing those who travel to their home country and this has been quite consistent for years now. Those who used their home country passport but traveled to another country are typically facing longer processing times for citizenship but are being approved.

Reactions: bamboohamboo

Kashif111111

Star Member
Sep 24, 2022
The photo back side is mandatory attestation from the studio? I'm in dubai. How can I write address and stamp on the back of my digital photo and send it? Any body guide

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Technically yes. Practically speaking this isn't happening. There are a number of us in the citizenship section of the forum who are closely following cessation cases. IRCC is only pursing those who travel to their home country and this has been quite consistent for years now. Those who used their home country passport but traveled to another country are typically facing longer processing times for citizenship but are being approved.
That doesn’t mean that you are allowed to use your home country passport or that Canada won’t start pursuing those who have used their home country passport. The more people who use their home country passport as protected people, the more likely Canada is to pursue some of the to warn others not to do so. If you want to make sure you keep your status use an RTD. The RTD wouldn’t exist if using your home country passport was an accepted option.

Your Response was: “A PR can travel on their home country passport as long as they don't travel to their home country. If they travel to their home country, then they put themselves at risk of cessation when they apply for Canadian citizenship and risk having their PR status revoked by Canada. Some people are able to travel to their home country without this happening but there are others who end up losing their PR status and being forced to leave Canada. So it's only travel to the home country that's a risk. Of course once you are a Canadian citizen, you can do whatever you want.” That’s just not correct and gives the impression that there is no potential issue with using your home country passport as a protected person as long as You don’t return to your home country. Using a home country passport and renewing a home country passport have come up in cases or reavailment. There is a risk of using your home country passport while there is not risk of using an RTD. Canada has chosen to pursue some of the blatant cases of reavailment but that’s not a guarantee that others won’t be pursued. Just because one person gets away with it doesn’t mean there won’t be any consequences later on or that another person will get away with using their home country passport. If you want to guarantee that you can keep your status in Canada the only option is RTD.

bamboohamboo

Sep 24, 2022
That doesn’t mean that you are allowed to use your home country passport or that Canada won’t start pursuing those who have used their home country passport. The more people who use their home country passport as protected people, the more likely Canada is to pursue some of the to warn others not to do so. If you want to make sure you keep your status use an RTD. The RTD wouldn’t exist if using your home country passport was an accepted option.

Your Response was: “A PR can travel on their home country passport as long as they don't travel to their home country. If they travel to their home country, then they put themselves at risk of cessation when they apply for Canadian citizenship and risk having their PR status revoked by Canada. Some people are able to travel to their home country without this happening but there are others who end up losing their PR status and being forced to leave Canada. So it's only travel to the home country that's a risk. Of course once you are a Canadian citizen, you can do whatever you want.” That’s just not correct and gives the impression that there is no potential issue with using your home country passport as a protected person as long as You don’t return to your home country. Using a home country passport and renewing a home country passport have come up in cases or reavailment. There is a risk of using your home country passport while there is not risk of using an RTD. Canada has chosen to pursue some of the blatant cases of reavailment but that’s not a guarantee that others won’t be pursued. Just because one person gets away with it doesn’t mean there won’t be any consequences later on or that another person will get away with using their home country passport. If you want to guarantee that you can keep your status in Canada the only option is RTD.
I know those information from an Agent and I personally know many who do so. Anyway I don't think the Loooong Processing times for the RTD are reliable to be fair especially when there's the Urgent option! well In my case it's Urgent not only me who says that but verified documents from Canada too.
This in particular is the only reason I'm going to do so. I applied for the RTD ages ago with nothing has been said about it from the government. Well if they don't have the time to process a 3 pages document (which I do believe it doesn't take more than 5 minutes lol).
It's funny how other people here apply for the Canadian Passport and have it in less than a month but we are struggling to have a 3 pages document that we have paid for!
do you think issuing a document within a year is FAIR?
it's not at all.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I know those information from an Agent and I personally know many who do so. Anyway I don't think the Loooong Processing times for the RTD are reliable to be fair especially when there's the Urgent option! well In my case it's Urgent not only me who says that but verified documents from Canada too.
This in particular is the only reason I'm going to do so. I applied for the RTD ages ago with nothing has been said about it from the government. Well if they don't have the time to process a 3 pages document (which I do believe it doesn't take more than 5 minutes lol).
It's funny how other people here apply for the Canadian Passport and have it in less than a month but we are struggling to have a 3 pages document that we have paid for!
it's not at all.
I hear your concern, but again travelling with your home country to a third country put you to other risks that could be avoided

WATCHTOWA

Star Member
Jun 18, 2022
it's not at all.
You may want to try reading this up.... https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/page-13.html#docCont which is the law.

Person A scaling through a particular situation does not mean Person B would experience the same. Following the crowd may not serve you well. Doing what is appropriate do save us some troubles especially the unforeseen.

All the best.

bamboohamboo

Sep 24, 2022

WATCHTOWA

Star Member
Jun 18, 2022
You are right as I said I'm taking the risks as the IRCC isn't really working at all lol
I have a family friend who experienced same thing as yours.. use her home country passport but did not travel home nor traveled with it to a 3rd world country. She recently became a citizen with no issues.

bamboohamboo

Sep 24, 2022
I have a family friend who experienced same thing as yours.. use her home country passport but did not travel home nor traveled with it to a 3rd world country. She recently became a citizen with no issues.
Yeah brother, I will take the risks because my issue is really Urgent with no jokes and I'm pretty sure I won't regret it in the future even If I lose Canada or the whole world basically lol because it's something really Urgent and I don't really care what would IRCC says because it's their fault I guess since I've already told them months ago about this situation. I guess they need to work on themselves instead of blaming people IN NEED you know.