+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application wrongfully cancelled: should I reapply or wait?

lilyco

Feb 7, 2018
Hi,

my PR application got cancelled because the agent misread a document we provided, thinking that my partner spent more than 6 months in France (while actually it's less than 4 months) and that the police certificate was missing.

So I called CIC on the phone the same day and the agent on the phone confirmed the mistake, and wrote a note to the office that handles PR applications. However now it's been more than 10 days without any update: the application is still cancelled.

Should I re-apply for EE (and explain why I'm reapplying) or simply wait until something happens?

Thanks.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

my PR application got cancelled because the agent misread a document we provided, thinking that my partner spent more than 6 months in France (while actually it's less than 4 months) and that the police certificate was missing.

So I called CIC on the phone the same day and the agent on the phone confirmed the mistake, and wrote a note to the office that handles PR applications. However now it's been more than 10 days without any update: the application is still cancelled.

Should I re-apply for EE (and explain why I'm reapplying) or simply wait until something happens?

Thanks.
Raise a CSE to appeal the decision. Do note that it has taken up to 2 months for some files to be reopened.

lilyco

Feb 7, 2018
So it's quite possible that reapplying for EE might be faster? next round is quite likely to be this Wednesday!
So... that next round happened on Feb 21st indeed, and I didn't re-apply in time for it.

Then I reapplied. Opening a new EE file is quite annoying, I had kinda forgotten it.

Then, Feb 26th, my cancelled application got reopened!!
3 days later, I had to repay the application fees because they had been refunded.
Then I uploaded the receipt for the new payment.
(And I cancelled the newly opened EE file.)

March 14th, CPCO-FinalRequest email received.
Sent the documents right away to get CoPR.

Key dates concerning this thread's subject:
Feb 7th: Application wrongfully cancelled by CIC, phoned CIC right away to explain, was told it would take 2 working days...
3 working days later, nothing
happened, so I phoned CIC again: was told it could take up to 90 days!
Feb 26th: Application reopened by CIC
March 14th: CPCO-FinalRequest email received