+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application Rejected Due to Incomplete Application (Missing English Translation - Already Provided)

akc_pr

May 7, 2024
Category........
CEC
Hi everyone,

I'm reaching out because I'm feeling quite frustrated with my PR application process. I received my ITA and submitted it, but unfortunately, IRCC has rejected my application due to being incomplete.
The specific reason stated is that a certified translation of my United Arab Emirates police certificate was missing. However, I did include an English version of the certificate with my original application.

Here's the frustrating part:
The rejection letter quotes sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations regarding incomplete applications.
They claim the English translation is missing, even though I submitted it.
Here is the exact wording:

"Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete and therefore, was not put into processing.
Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
- Police Certificate: <name>
A certified translation of the United Arab Emirates police certificate was not provided. Please see below:
If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with
• an English or French translation stamped by a certified translator or accompanied by an affidavit from the person who completed the translation, if it is not possible to have the translation done by a certified translator"

I've already taken some action:
I submitted a web form explaining the situation (4 weeks ago, still waiting for a reply).
I've spoken to IRCC twice, and they acknowledge the English version exists and shouldn't have caused rejection.
Unfortunately, the best they could offer was a note for the processing officer, leaving the decision at their discretion.
Here's where I need your help:
Has anyone else encountered a similar situation with a supposedly missing document they provided?
Are there any further steps I can take to rectify this issue and hopefully get my application back on track?
I'm feeling quite confused and anxious about the next steps. Any advice or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance