+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pr application on conditional discharge

Ankit K

Oct 14, 2021
Hi
A friend of mine is on condtional discharge and he applied for pr already under cec. But he is worried way to much because of his charges. He is not convicted and not inadmissible. Is there going to be an issue regarding prior criminal charge. Please reply asap.
thanks

Stephzer

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
I don’t know if it would help but I got a peace bond for an offense and im experiencing crazy delays, 8 months since AoR but if charges are dropped your friend will be fine, just have to wait

Theloner

Oct 21, 2021
I don't know if this will help or not. almost similar situation

I am just a newbie here, back in 2019 I had a fight with my girlfriend and received a Conditional Discharge with 1-year probation for domestic violence as she was looking for a restraining order. Recently I applied for a work permit extension due to my passport expiry I already have a Work permit AOR I believe but didn't receive a physical copy yet. And also I applied for PR under BC PNP International post Graduate paper-based application. Back in April 2020, Recently IRCC asked me to do a PCC check as I mentioned my arrest to them. My RCMP fingerprint police certificate shows my positive match and it clearly shows my Conditional Discharge INFORMATION SUCH AS ASSAULT SEC 266 CC on page 1 and next page it gives information such as "Fail to comply recognizance or undertaking SEC 145(3) CC -Stay of proceedings".
I have received AOR already for my PR application. Around Mid JULY they send me AOR,. after AOR they asked me to submit a couple of documents including an RCMP fingerprint check and all new paperwork as i have switched jobs as well. So that's all I have so far now
Just to be on the safe side, do I still need to worry about not getting PR? AS My lawyer told me that it's not going to affect my status in Canada and my PR process back in 2019. But I m confused now and looking for urgent advice

Stephzer

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
I don't know if this will help or not. almost similar situation

I am just a newbie here, back in 2019 I had a fight with my girlfriend and received a Conditional Discharge with 1-year probation for domestic violence as she was looking for a restraining order. Recently I applied for a work permit extension due to my passport expiry I already have a Work permit AOR I believe but didn't receive a physical copy yet. And also I applied for PR under BC PNP International post Graduate paper-based application. Back in April 2020, Recently IRCC asked me to do a PCC check as I mentioned my arrest to them. My RCMP fingerprint police certificate shows my positive match and it clearly shows my Conditional Discharge INFORMATION SUCH AS ASSAULT SEC 266 CC on page 1 and next page it gives information such as "Fail to comply recognizance or undertaking SEC 145(3) CC -Stay of proceedings".
I have received AOR already for my PR application. Around Mid JULY they send me AOR,. after AOR they asked me to submit a couple of documents including an RCMP fingerprint check and all new paperwork as i have switched jobs as well. So that's all I have so far now
Just to be on the safe side, do I still need to worry about not getting PR? AS My lawyer told me that it's not going to affect my status in Canada and my PR process back in 2019. But I m confused now and looking for urgent advice
If you were not convicted it’s fine