+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application - Flag poling and PR card.. Need help

mike2611

Aug 10, 2018
Hi,

I am currently working on Canada ICT (closed work permit) which is about to expire in the month of February. My WP extension has been filed with CIC. I am also CEC inland applicant and submitted my express entry PR documents in the month of September and my application progress has reached to IP2 stage. I am planning to visit home country and I have following questions -

1. I am not 100% sure but I am expecting result of express entry PR application or WP extension somewhere in Jan-Feb timeframe. So given the fact that I would like to travel to home country, and PR application result comes positive, is it fine to delay flag poling process to enter country from home country?
2. If I decide to delay my travel to home country, how long PR card would take to come once I complete my flag poling process and apply for PR card?

Based on my understanding, I cannot travel outside the country once flag poling is done and PR card is not yet issued since I wont have a valid travel document to come inside. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
1. Yes
2. Approx 2 months
Based on my understanding, I cannot travel outside the country once flag poling is done and PR card is not yet issued since I wont have a valid travel document to come inside..
You can leave the country. Nothing stops you from doing that. To come back in via public transport, you need PR card to PRTD.
Alternatively, if you can enter US, you can drive back across the border in a private vehicle with your passport and COPR. PR card not required.