+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR and Work Permit

kanada07

Jul 23, 2018
Hi All,
I need some help.
My company applied for my Canadian work permit this month and I have also submitted my PR application a few days back. However, i did not mention anything about my work permit application in my PR application.
PR application should not affect work permit application.
- Should I inform IRCC about my situation?
-Is there a way I can still contact them to tell about my situation?

chrome123

Apr 15, 2021
Hi All,
I need some help.
My company applied for my Canadian work permit this month and I have also submitted my PR application a few days back. However, i did not mention anything about my work permit application in my PR application.
PR application should not affect work permit application.
- Should I inform IRCC about my situation?
-Is there a way I can still contact them to tell about my situation?
Hi, i am in similar situation as stated by you. Can you please advise and guide what steps you took since you must be through the process by now.

kanada07

Jul 23, 2018
Hi, i am in similar situation as stated by you. Can you please advise and guide what steps you took since you must be through the process by now.
Hi, Work permit does not affect PR as both are different applications. You can go ahead with both.

chrome123

Apr 15, 2021
Hi, Work permit does not affect PR as both are different applications. You can go ahead with both.
Thanks for your response. I have another query if you can help with.

I am currently filing work permit and one of the information asked is UCI ( Unique Client Identifier).

1.As i have submitted express entry as well, I am having UCI. Shall i mention UCI in my work permit form.
2. There is another question that have you ever applied before to come to Canada. For this question, shall i mention about my express entry file

PS: I have not received ITA yet. I got OINP NOI in this April and waiting for nomination which is expected by this month end

kanada07

Jul 23, 2018
Thanks for your response. I have another query if you can help with.

I am currently filing work permit and one of the information asked is UCI ( Unique Client Identifier).

1.As i have submitted express entry as well, I am having UCI. Shall i mention UCI in my work permit form.
2. There is another question that have you ever applied before to come to Canada. For this question, shall i mention about my express entry file

PS: I have not received ITA yet. I got OINP NOI in this April and waiting for nomination which is expected by this month end
Hi,
1. Do not mention PR UCI in work permit application as both applications are separate.

2. I can answer this tomorrow.

chrome123

Apr 15, 2021
Hi,
1. Do not mention PR UCI in work permit application as both applications are separate.

2. I can answer this tomorrow.
Sure Many Thanks!

Also, one additional query related to Pt1. In that case, shall i create new login id to file work permit application? Currently, I am using the login id which contains my express entry profile application.

Sorry to ask so many questions as I am in the process of filing work permit. Please bear with me and really thanks a ton for your help on this process..

kanada07

Jul 23, 2018
Sure Many Thanks!

Also, one additional query related to Pt1. In that case, shall i create new login id to file work permit application? Currently, I am using the login id which contains my express entry profile application.

Sorry to ask so many questions as I am in the process of filing work permit. Please bear with me and really thanks a ton for your help on this process..
I guess, yes, you have to start a new file for work permit application.