+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR and OWP

Messa123

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
Hi guys
I am in canada on a tourist visa, I want to apply for PR ( spousal)and OWP at the same time. I found different information about eligibility for this and it is kind of confusing. The problem is when i went to my online account to try and find the forms for OWP they put me on a series of questions to see if I am eligible and at the end the say I am not because on the question if I applied for PR and gotten a response i responded no and now I don't even have the option to go through the questionnare again. There are usually three options below the Preference code question and now I only have two Express entry and one more. I don't know what to do and how to apply for OWP too because my PR is all set. Can anyone help me please ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys
I am in canada on a tourist visa, I want to apply for PR ( spousal)and OWP at the same time. I found different information about eligibility for this and it is kind of confusing. The problem is when i went to my online account to try and find the forms for OWP they put me on a series of questions to see if I am eligible and at the end the say I am not because on the question if I applied for PR and gotten a response i responded no and now I don't even have the option to go through the questionnare again. There are usually three options below the Preference code question and now I only have two Express entry and one more. I don't know what to do and how to apply for OWP too because my PR is all set. Can anyone help me please ?
Read the guide.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#work

For more instructions, see Extend or change the conditions on your work permit. You can’t apply online.

Messa123

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
Thanks
I have already read this and by this I am eligible I just can't find a way to apply from my account. I only have two options Express entry and IEC, the third option is gone

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks
I have already read this and by this I am eligible I just can't find a way to apply from my account. I only have two options Express entry and IEC, the third option is gone
Go read it again, paying attention to the sentence I highlighted in bold, italics and underlined that says you can't apply online.

Messa123

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
Oh ok, then where do I find the documents I need for an OWP, i thought I would get the doc checklist when I login online

Messa123

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
So basically as I can see, i have to fill and send
App to change conditions, extend...
Proof of payment
Photocopies of passport
Photocopy of imm doc
Photocopy of marriage license
and that's it because none of the rest applies to me
Could that be right, is that enough for OWP ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So basically as I can see, i have to fill and send
App to change conditions, extend...
Proof of payment
Photocopies of passport
Photocopy of imm doc
Photocopy of marriage license
and that's it because none of the rest applies to me
Could that be right, is that enough for OWP ?
If you are following the checklist and that is what applies, then yes, that is what you send.

Reactions: Messa123

Messa123

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
Hi it's me again sorry to bother, I have few more questions. On the app to change conditions... I am applying for OWP for the first time as I said, I am on a visitor visa and I don't know how to answer the question no 7. Current country of residence, and status ? Should I put canada and visitor, because I will be living here for almost half a year ? On the other applications for PR I've also put somewhere that I reside in my home country BiH but right now I am living with my wife in CA, also impacts the class I will be applying under. I know it's a bit confusing but I don't know what to do

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi it's me again sorry to bother, I have few more questions. On the app to change conditions... I am applying for OWP for the first time as I said, I am on a visitor visa and I don't know how to answer the question no 7. Current country of residence, and status ? Should I put canada and visitor, because I will be living here for almost half a year ? On the other applications for PR I've also put somewhere that I reside in my home country BiH but right now I am living with my wife in CA, also impacts the class I will be applying under. I know it's a bit confusing but I don't know what to do
List your residence in all apps as Canada. There is no need to give a foreign address.

Reactions: Messa123

Messa123

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
Hi
I've sent the app today but I don't know if I made a mistake regarding the adress. I sent it on the adress that applies for inland with a courier, by canada post office with the tracking number. Both is in mississagua but a different adress, totally forgot about this, is it a big deal ?