+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ppr submission from Chennai VFS in person

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon I am starting a thread just so there is a clear process for in person appointment for passport submission in Chennai India.

I have an appointment for in person passport submission this way. However, I haven't received any VAC passport transmission fees to attach along with the package (as per ppr letter).

Reason being, I am submitting my passport at the same vfs center as I did my biometrics.

What should I attach for VAC passport transmission fee here

I spoke to vfs center and they told there is no VAC passport transmission fees.

how correct is it?
Please help me on this.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
You seem to have asked the same query multiple times :) . Additionally the answer lies in your own post above -

Reason being, I am submitting my passport at the same vfs center as I did my biometrics.

Not sure why you don't trust VFS, but here is official confirmation - https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/passport-submission

To submit your passport at a VAC, you will have to pay a service charge for Package Transmission, unless you submit your passport to the same VAC where you had initially submitted your biometric information and you have not previously submitted additional documents and/or a passport to support your current application.

Reactions: mvneema10

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
You seem to have asked the same query multiple times :) . Additionally the answer lies in your own post above -

Not sure why you don't trust VFS, but here is official confirmation - https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/passport-submission

To submit your passport at a VAC, you will have to pay a service charge for Package Transmission, unless you submit your passport to the same VAC where you had initially submitted your biometric information and you have not previously submitted additional documents and/or a passport to support your current application.
Haha yeah.. May be I was panicking and posted my query expecting if someone could educate me.

Your response is clear. As I am subject my passport to the same vfs as I did for my biometric, I was not asked for payment. On the day of the appointments, I will have some cash just in case they ask for payment.

Thank you for the response

Reactions: CNP

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Haha yeah.. May be I was panicking and posted my query expecting if someone could educate me.

Your response is clear. As I am subject my passport to the same vfs as I did for my biometric, I was not asked for payment. On the day of the appointments, I will have some cash just in case they ask for payment.

Thank you for the response
Cool, best luck. Now that I remember, I had same scenario in 2019 ( back then 2 way courier did not even exist). I submitted my passport at same VFS where I had given my biometrics. No fee was asked. You need to pay only if you opt for courier of stamped passport at your home.

But yes, do carry cash !

Reactions: mvneema10

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Cool, best luck. Now that I remember, I had same scenario in 2019 ( back then 2 way courier did not even exist). I submitted my passport at same VFS where I had given my biometrics. No fee was asked. You need to pay only if you opt for courier of stamped passport at your home.

But yes, do carry cash !
Thanks @CNP
One quick question, we should only submit the current valid passport right?
Correct me if I am wrong.