+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

power of attorney

gsujith_k

Jan 22, 2012
I am planning to sell my land in India and want to provide power of attorney to my dad. I checked the consular website and it says I need to prepare the POA with the help of any lawyer/legal expert on a plain paper.

Has anyone done POA before and got it attested from Indian Consulate? Is there a format for the POA that could be used.

any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
I just sent the documents for POA today to the consulate. Waiting it to be attested.

What information are you looking for?

visaforca

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Calgary
Hi
Can you please explain the process.
I'm Canadian Citizen from Calgary,AB and I know as my knowledge.

Step 1: POA made by Lawyer
Step 2: Send to Validate/ Seal from Edmonton(capital)
Step 3: Send to Consulate to validate
Step 4: Register from local authorities in India(like Registrar or Sub Registrar)

If any other missing step and required documents please let me know.

Thanks

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Step 2: Notarize by Lawyer
Step 3: Authenticate the documents - Send to Validate/ Seal from Edmonton(capital)
Step 4: Send to Consulate for Attestation
Step 5: Send to your parents. They would know the rest of the process back home

This is what I am doing. I am in Step 4.

visaforca

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Calgary
Step 3: Authenticate the documents - Send to Validate/ Seal from Edmonton(capital)

Sounds good!
Can please let me know process for Step 4
Step 3. Timeline Day you sent and return back to you ? How many days?
Documents required, walk in or by mail, fee $$ ?

hifer

Mar 9, 2021
It is much easier to issue a power of attorney for your relative than for a stranger. These are two completely different types of powers of attorney, and in order to draw up your father's power of attorney, you need to collect a minimum number of documents, such as passport data and personal information, as well as a document confirming the consent of both parties to carry out such a procedure. I had a need to issue a power of attorney for an apartment for my girlfriend. Since we were not married yet and I had no relatives, it was very difficult to carry out this procedure. We had to hire an experienced lawyer to help us draw up the documents correctly.

hifer

Mar 9, 2021
It is much easier to issue a power of attorney for your relative than for a stranger. These are two completely different types of powers of attorney, and in order to draw up your father's power of attorney, you need to collect a minimum number of documents, such as passport data and personal information, as well as a document confirming the consent of both parties to carry out such a procedure. I had a need to issue a power of attorney for an apartment for my girlfriend. Since we were not married yet and I had no relatives, it was very difficult to carry out this procedure.
We had to hire an experienced lawyer to help us draw up the documents correctly. Lawyers from thefosterfirmwins.com helped me to issue a power of attorney for a short time with limited rights to use the property and this was the only way out of the situation.

Reactions: bismarc123

akshay.1o

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Hi, I am buying a house in India and I will be the getting mortgage under my name but since am in canada my dad will need to legally own the house and for that I have to send power of attorney. So I asked my dad to get it done in India and send to me here so I can sign and get it notarized by local notary.. but the loan agent sent me this one page document and asked me to get it signed by indian embassy. I live in winnipeg we have BLS here not indian embassy. So I have no idea what to do and how to do it. Plz help

Apr 11, 2022
Of course, I have never drawn up a power of attorney for anyone, but you can try to contact my friend by simply writing to him here http://erasethecase.com . He works here as a consultant and will be able to help you. I think that it will not be difficult for you to draw up a power of attorney and do as you want, because in essence there is nothing complicated, you just need legal assistance in correctly drafting a power of attorney. I hope you will succeed and my friend will be able to help you. I pray that the consulate approves your application, because not only everything depends on you, stubborn people can also work there who may not accept your power of attorney and reject it.

jaspaladil

Aug 16, 2017
I am planning to sell my land in India and want to provide power of attorney to my dad. I checked the consular website and it says I need to prepare the POA with the help of any lawyer/legal expert on a plain paper.

Has anyone done POA before and got it attested from Indian Consulate? Is there a format for the POA that could be used.

any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Hi..
did u able to get that POA ?

thanks

Padms

Jan 5, 2021

Hi,

I am in the process of completing PoA for a property in India. When I send the notarized PoA to provincial dept, do I need to include copies of my passport, PR and local ID or self attestation will do when sending it to the consulate in Vancouver?

Based in Edmonton
Indian passport holder

Yadhukrishnan

Jan 9, 2024
Hello,

I have a Power of Attorney (POA) related to my marriage contract, and I've received the drafted document via email. I'm seeking guidance on the next steps, as I need to sign it and send it back to India. I would like to know if I need to visit any government office for this process. I've heard that getting attestation from a public notary nearby is sufficient. Can you please provide advice on this matter? I appreciate your assistance. I plan to post this on a Canada visa forum online.