+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post gradute work permit! URGENT

bws32

Jul 3, 2014
Hello All,

Can someone please guide me as. If a person is enrolled in a 2 year program for M.ENg, how long does he/she get their PGWP for.

Thanks

COSMICPIRATE

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
As ststed on CIC website and I quote :

" Impact of length of program of study in Canada and the length of the work permit
A Post-Graduation Work Permit cannot be valid longer than the official length of your program of study in Canada. For example, students graduating from a four-year degree program might be eligible for a three-year year work permit. Students graduating from an eight-month certificate program would only be eligible for a work permit of eight months.

If the official length of your program of study is:

less than eight months
you are not eligible for this program
less than two years but more than eight months
you may get a work permit for a period no longer than the length of your program of study (for example, if you studied for nine months, a work permit may be issued for a period of nine months)
two years or more
a work permit may be issued for three years".

Hope this will help :D

chahal256

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 dec 2014
VISA ISSUED...
11 dec 2014
LANDED..........
28 dec 2014
with 2 yrs study you can get 3 yrs work permit

LuvDuggal

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
8(R-7 L-8.5 W-6 S-7.5)
COSMICPIRATE said:
As ststed on CIC website and I quote :

" Impact of length of program of study in Canada and the length of the work permit
A Post-Graduation Work Permit cannot be valid longer than the official length of your program of study in Canada. For example, students graduating from a four-year degree program might be eligible for a three-year year work permit. Students graduating from an eight-month certificate program would only be eligible for a work permit of eight months.

If the official length of your program of study is:

less than eight months
you are not eligible for this program
less than two years but more than eight months
you may get a work permit for a period no longer than the length of your program of study (for example, if you studied for nine months, a work permit may be issued for a period of nine months)
two years or more
a work permit may be issued for three years".

Hope this will help :D
gkb8062 said:
only on one condition you will get 3 yr PGWP if your both back to back PG course of having 1 Year each (3 semester) not of 2 Semesters, because according to Canadian standard , full time 1 year study consist of 3 semester.

so 1 yr (3 semester ) + 1 yr (3 semester) will give you 3 yr PGWP.

but for instance if any of the course among back to back is 1 yr (2 semester) 90% chances are you will not get 3 yr PGWP.

rest depends on VO.

tc..

there is no difference between 2 Year Masters and 2 Years diploma course.. suppose someone has done 2 years Masters he/she will not gonna get special treat when comes to PGWP..

lots of factors to considered when issuing PGWP like.

1. Total credits earned in course,, does not matter its Masters/ 2 Year Diploma
2. total contact hours the applicants gained.. (VO will check this with official Transcripts provided by the college)
3. your final grades and attendance credentials

i am telling you all these from Canadian education standard point of view.

if you are interested for 2 one year back to back diplomas// certificate programs , cross check the following:

1. total no. of Semester in single year, if its 3 semester then no problem.
2. total Diploma/ certificate credits.
3. contact hours per week.

tc...
I came in JANUARY 2014 and took MASTERS IN INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY MANAGEMENT in Concordia University College of Alberta and my STUDY PERMIT is valid till April 2016 , now i have taken 12 courses and got 36 CREDITS. but there is an issue with research work so i am planning to take diploma instead of MASTERS that is an 18 credits course(out of 36) which will end in December 2014

Now i am taking Certificate/Credit course of 8 months of Network Technician in SAIT. that is a 33 Credit course which begins in (April 2015 - December 2015)

Total Credits 36 (Diploma + 18 extra) + 33 credits(Sait certificate) = 69 credits

5 semesters in total ( 3 in diploma and 2 in certificate)

Questions

1. What are the chances of getting 3 years post grad work permit?

2. Can i work full time in between two courses (jan 2015 - april 2015)?

3. Do i have to apply for new study permit when i take up a new course?