+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post-graduation work permit

yolanda009

May 22, 2014
Hello guys~
I just finished my study at Quebec and I got the proof for graduation from my department. However my study permit already expired on March 31st 2014. I already extended my CAQ in March and got the new CAQ in May 2014. I am wondering can I apply the Post-graduation work permit now directly (with an expired study permit)? Or should I extend my study permit first and then apply for the work permit? Thanks!!

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

yolanda009 said:
Hello guys~
I just finished my study at Quebec and I got the proof for graduation from my department. However my study permit already expired on March 31st 2014. I already extended my CAQ in March and got the new CAQ in May 2014. I am wondering can I apply the Post-graduation work permit now directly (with an expired study permit)? Or should I extend my study permit first and then apply for the work permit? Thanks!!

You can't apply with an expired SP. You have 7 more days, apply for restoration of status. If approved, you can apply for a PGWP or else pack your bag to home!

yolanda009

May 22, 2014
Thanks for your reply! I got your point but I have 90 days to restore my status right? So i should have one month and 7 days to submit the SP application....? Hopefully it will be approved soon!!

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
yolanda009 said:
Thanks for your reply! I got your point but I have 90 days to restore my status right? So i should have one month and 7 days to submit the SP application....? Hopefully it will be approved soon!!
well when did u graduate cause u have 90 days for applying PGWP too after graduation so u first need a valid study permit to apply for PGWP. SP restoration may take upto 50 days if ur unlucky.....so u see u have 90days to apply for restoration and 90 days from graduation for PGWP ....apply for restoration ASAP......other wise u may miss the window.....