+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Study & PGPW Visa

dyana30

Jan 5, 2014
Hi guys,

I'm from Indonesia and considering to enroll a PG Dip 1 year in following college candidate in 2015 or 2016 intake:
- Information Systems Business Analysis Program @George Brown College
- Supply Chain Management @Humber
- Global Logistic and Supply Chain Management @Seneca
- Business Process Management (with Co-op) @Sheridan

My background is Comp. Science and have gained 1 year work experience in Data Integration FICO SAP as of now.
I would like to ask the following inquiries regarding my interest :
1. Which program that has promising job prospect? In my country, we don't have PG Dip study, hence some of us despise the program and suggest to take Master instead. Taking a Master is nearly impossible to me due to financial matter.
2. I'd like to apply PGWP visa once I've completed the study. The minimum requirement is have completed studied in full time program. All programs that listed above are a combined learning (face-to-face and online). Is that categorized as full time program?
3. Should I gained 3 years work experience instead of 2 years work experience for the purpose of find a job there?

Looking forward for your advise. Thank you

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As an international student you are not allowed to take online (distance) courses.
If you graduate fro 1 yr program you have a risk to get only 8 months PGWP(if your program is 2 semesters long).

In Canada, there is NO guarantee for any job to be found easy. It ALL depends on you and your luck and your network in Canada.

dyana30

Jan 5, 2014
Thank you for your advise :)
Apparently, the program I've listed above is open for international student. What I meant by online learning is not specifically conducted only by online, but it's combined with in-class as well. Actually I'm quite confuse with the term of part time and full time study.
They said the program is full time, but the student only attend the class for twice a week ::)

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
open for international student.
You should understand the difference what the university says and what VO considers.
The university does not care if you get or you do not get your PGWP afterwords. It is your responsibility, not the university, to take care of fulfilling CIC rules.

Is that university on the CIC list of elligible schools (according to the new rules starting on July 1, 2014)?

dyana30

Jan 5, 2014
Yeah, thank you for make me aware of that :)
Did you mean that listed in this list : w[space]ww.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp#ontario ?