+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post COPR marital status

CNV1020

May 10, 2018
Background:

I am on Work permit in Canada and applied with Express Entry under Canadian Experience Class. I recently received COPR. I have not crossed any international border yet.

My Fiancé has applied with Express Entry under Canadian Experience Class. She is waiting for her Passport Request.She is currently on a valid work permit.

We both are traveling to our country of origin (India) and getting married in January 2019.

Questions

1) Should I make my landing papers before getting married? If yes can a friend courier me my PR card to India from Canada?

2) What will be the effects of me being a PR to my fiancé ( future wife’s) application status?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Background:

I am on Work permit in Canada and applied with Express Entry under Canadian Experience Class. I recently received COPR. I have not crossed any international border yet.

My Fiancé has applied with Express Entry under Canadian Experience Class. She is waiting for her Passport Request.She is currently on a valid work permit.

We both are traveling to our country of origin (India) and getting married in January 2019.

Questions

1) Should I make my landing papers before getting married? If yes can a friend courier me my PR card to India from Canada?

2) What will be the effects of me being a PR to my fiancé ( future wife’s) application status?
1. Yes, you should land before marrying. Yes, your friend can courier your card to India.

2. Nothing. She would just need to update her app with the marriage certificate and your COPR.

Reactions: jes_ON