+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Arrival test req for unvaccinated kid above 5 (softlanding)

coolusa

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Scenario: going for softlanding next week, unvaccinated kid (above 5) with vaccinated parents. Going inside Canada and will return back to USA in 2-3 hrs.
*Anybody recently went through this scenario*?

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying-canada-checklist/covid-19-testing-travellers-coming-into-canada#arrival-testing-vaccinated

Called CBSA (Detroit-Windsor Tunnel) today about this.
For unvaccinated kid (above5) , travelling with vaccinated with parents, They told no need to quarantine, with below requirements
1. RT PCR result 72 hrs before
2. No public gathering for kid
3. *Need to take a post arrival covid test* within 14 days of landing. They will give the test kit free. When I asked where/how to submit the test, they told it will be directed once they handover the test kit.

Next called the test provider of Ontario(Switch Health).They told unvaccinated kids (above 5) travelling with vaccinated parents *must* test within 14 days of arrival. They encourage to create account for all the members in the portal , so that if the traveller fell under randomized testing, they can use that account (otherwise use for the unvaccinated kid alone). They provided a drop off address (24 hrs) near to border where we need to put the test bottle.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
3. *Need to take a post arrival covid test* within 14 days of landing. They will give the test kit free. When I asked where/how to submit the test, they told it will be directed once they handover the test kit.
I do not know if scenarios are similar enough to say - but with the self-testing kit, we were given them on arrival (at airport), then scheduled the test - which was done with a nurse checking/providing instructions online - and then the test kit picked up by courier. (The courier is paid for, just advise how/when the courier to pick up).

I would assume none of this has changed but do not know.