rontario

Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys!
My wife found a job in the finance industry here in toronto. I think its a good opportunity for new immigrants because they dont require canadian experience and will just let you take a profile test to see if you'll be a good fit for the job.

Just an input and hope this helps.

rontario

Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can reply here also if anyone is interested and already here in toronto.

rontario

Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi hello123

The job title is Financial Advisor. Are you here in Toronto? Any profession is accepted here, one just have to pass the profile test and all the training will be provided by them. Let me know if you're interested but you have to be already here. Thanks!

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you please disclose the name of the company so that its helpful to the rest of us and we can also do some research online. Also a word of caution for new immigrants there are lots of companies who sell you a dream up front. Then you go to their meetings and they try to convince you to join their company and bring in more people so that they can join under you and buy products. Classic multi level marketing strategy. People need a job that pays them money so they can feed their families not an immigrant who constantly buys products and services from them.

rontario

Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey newtone
The company is Sunlife which is the no.1 in Canada. Am not here to exploit people. Just trying to help fellow new immigrants. Are you here in Canada? Where are you based?

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I used to live in Canada but after getting citizenship moved to USA. Opportunities and life are much better. I come to Canada occasionally because some family members are there

delphinium

Apr 25, 2013
Thanks for sharing this.

Do you need a bookkeeping or math background? I am former professor, '
but not so good at maths.

did they do an LMO, or did wife have OWP? :)

Nov 6, 2013
I also got an interview for financial advisor post from a major insurance company (will keep company name anonymous for ethic concerns). And i did not take the position at the end. Some of my colleagues at my call centre also got offers from them and refused. Here are the reasons:

1. This job had little to do with financial advice. What I would have to do is sell life insurance packs, which does not require education.
2. Job is paid by commission and there is no base salary. I will get money only as sales bonus after a successful sales.
3. I would need to pay books and license exams at the Financial market authority, which are quite expensive.
4. The job was formally individual entrepreneur - which means I would not be a company employee but rather owning an individual business (renting my office) and "have access" to the insurance company's client database and product list
5. I would need to go and seek potential clients myself, asking my contacts etc.

So as you see the job title is very promising, but the quality of job is not different from door-to-door salesman. Obviously, it is better than cleaning toilets and frying potatoes. At the end i decided to continue with my call centre job - at least there is a base salary and sales not mandatory. Now I am going through the process of getting admission to a one year college course in accounting with the hope of moving from front office jobs to back office (no matter how low the pay is, it is better than listening to mentally sick people from coast to coast 8 hours a day).

Nov 25, 2013
Hi mam/sir im graduated nursing assistant i just wanto to apply as care giver willing to work there in canda for the sake of my family.and to give a better future of my daughter and to rise up again because of the typhoon here in our country Philippines .GOD SPEED.

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
rontario said:
Hey newtone
The company is Sunlife which is the no.1 in Canada. Am not here to exploit people. Just trying to help fellow new immigrants. Are you here in Canada? Where are you based?
I also got an interview for financial advisor post from a major insurance company (will keep company name anonymous for ethic concerns). And i did not take the position at the end. Some of my colleagues at my call centre also got offers from them and refused. Here are the reasons:

1. This job had little to do with financial advice. What I would have to do is sell life insurance packs, which does not require education.
2. Job is paid by commission and there is no base salary. I will get money only as sales bonus after a successful sales.
3. I would need to pay books and license exams at the Financial market authority, which are quite expensive.
4. The job was formally individual entrepreneur - which means I would not be a company employee but rather owning an individual business (renting my office) and "have access" to the insurance company's client database and product list
5. I would need to go and seek potential clients myself, asking my contacts etc.

rontario

Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys
I dont know which company you're talking about as you dont want to mention it. Am not forcing anyone though, just to those who are interested. By the way, thanks to those who sent personal messages, already replied.

Good luck to everyone!