+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible domestic flight cancellation --> Taxi to Quarantine place

Dilshant88

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Guys, need some of your expertise.

on 15th Nov, I have booked an onward domestic flight from Montréal to Ottawa upon arriving from Doha. However, my travel agent is now saying that, Montreal/Ottawa flight could get cancelled due to fewer bookloads.

I have already booked and paid for my Quarantine Airbnb in OTTAWA.

So in case if this domestic flight gets cancelled, can I get a taxi in Montreal and go to Ottawa and quarantine? Will there be any issues since I'll be coming out of the airport at Montréal?

I'm really anxious about this domestic flight issue :(

Glad if anyone can shed some light.

Thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Pre-Book an Uber or taxi to drive to Ottawa. A taxi fare will be about $300 as it is a 2 hour drive. Or rent a car...it may be cheaper.

Dilshant88

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Thanks for the response. I was thinking of taxi/Uber too since returning the rental car at ottawa would be a problem.

My concern is that would the authorities allow me to do it? What if they say I have to quarantine at Montréal?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the response. I was thinking of taxi/Uber too since returning the rental car at ottawa would be a problem.

My concern is that would the authorities allow me to do it? What if they say I have to quarantine at Montréal?
No many people land in Montreal and drive to Ottawa. It is very common.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Guys, need some of your expertise.

on 15th Nov, I have booked an onward domestic flight from Montréal to Ottawa upon arriving from Doha. However, my travel agent is now saying that, Montreal/Ottawa flight could get cancelled due to fewer bookloads.

I have already booked and paid for my Quarantine Airbnb in OTTAWA.

So in case if this domestic flight gets cancelled, can I get a taxi in Montreal and go to Ottawa and quarantine? Will there be any issues since I'll be coming out of the airport at Montréal?

I'm really anxious about this domestic flight issue :(

Glad if anyone can shed some light.

Thanks.
There are many Montreal to Ottawa flights every day. You may be moved to another flight.

Reactions: Naturgrl