+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of Entry in Quebec in Family Class Sponsorship

Harshashivash

Oct 10, 2018
Dear All,
Could you please clarify this for me?
My wife and daughter just received their PR approval under family class. Now we have couple of questions about the landing process.
(a) I live in Ottawa,Ontario. Can my wife land in Montreal, QUEBEC as port of entry ? The flight itenary is
India - Paris - montreal,quebec. I live in ottawa.I will be going to montreal to pick them up. Is there any issue with this? Does they need to LAND only in ontario? If they are landing in quebec does they need to show any other documents other than the COPR and Passport?

I can forward her the valid house rental agreement under my name to my wife to show as a proof that they are going to live in Ottawa?

Thanks,

Please reply soon since i need to cancel the flight ticket if she can't land in quebec

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear All,
Could you please clarify this for me?
My wife and daughter just received their PR approval under family class. Now we have couple of questions about the landing process.
(a) I live in Ottawa,Ontario. Can my wife land in Montreal, QUEBEC as port of entry ? The flight itenary is
India - Paris - montreal,quebec. I live in ottawa.I will be going to montreal to pick them up. Is there any issue with this? Does they need to LAND only in ontario? If they are landing in quebec does they need to show any other documents other than the COPR and Passport?

I can forward her the valid house rental agreement under my name to my wife to show as a proof that they are going to live in Ottawa?

Thanks,

Please reply soon since i need to cancel the flight ticket if she can't land in quebec
No issues landing in Montreal as it is a POE. Don’t need to land in Ontario.

Harshashivash

Oct 10, 2018
No issues landing in Montreal as it is a POE. Don’t need to land in Ontario.
Hi, I am really sorry to bother you. My wife travelling with our 1 year daughter. I just want to double check with you once again. Do you know anyone personal that had no problem entered first time in Montreal? Please confirm

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I am really sorry to bother you. My wife travelling with our 1 year daughter. I just want to double check with you once again. Do you know anyone personal that had no problem entered first time in Montreal? Please confirm
Montreal is a POE so no issue. You go through immigration in Montreal. No issue.