Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
For sure all of you here who came from hongkong had an experience in getting the police clearance. I am just worried bcoz i sent all the documents needed to get the hk police clearance and just today i got a registered mail from them with the receipt in it and the copy from their website which is NOTES TO OVERSEAS APPLICANTS. In that paper the police (for sure ) incircled the paragraph 6-8 with red pen which made me crazy thinking all the meaning of this. can anyone help me pls? ill be having many sleepless nights for sure bcoz of this..and why does the officer encircled all 3? not just 1? ???

this is the paragraph that was being encircled:

6. If no criminal conviction data against the applicant in Hong Kong is located, we shall issue the Certificate and send it directly by registered mail to the relevant Consulate / Immigration Authority / Government Authority within four calendar weeks.

7. If criminal conviction data is found, both the relevant Consulate / Immigration Authority / Government Authority and the applicant will be replied with a letter advising that the Certificate could not be issued and listing out the conviction data by registered post, within the prescribed period.

8. If the applicant is under investigation by the Hong Kong Police Force, or is currently a defendant in criminal proceedings in Hong Kong, or is subject of non-payment of fine including traffic offences, his/her application will not be further processed until the matter concerned has been concluded. We shall issue a letter to the applicant informing that his/her application is pending conclusion of the matter. Once there are no outstanding matters, a Certificate or letter will be issued, in accordance with Paragraphs 6 & 7 above.

Thank you very much for taking time to respond ,it;s greatly appreciated...:)

doquer83

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-13-2012
I got the same letter when I applied for my police clearance. It was stated in the application that the police clearance would be sent directly to the applicant so I waited for it before sending my OWP/PR application. But the letter I received from HK police department was the one similar to the letter you received.What I did was to photocopy the letter and receipt, enclosed a letter explaining that it was what I got from HK police and I am assuming that my police clearance was sent directly to them (vegreville). I am just so hoping that that will not be a cause of delay for my application. Can you please inform me if you have any updates regarding this issue? thanks