+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance e certificate UAE - acceptable?

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
I totally agree with you Asivad here on this topic.

Take the below example for UAE PCC which is valid only for 3 months from the date of issue:
UAE PCC date: 20th April 2015 (will be valid only until 20th July 2015)
ITA date: 12th June 2015
Application submitted: 10th July 2015

When this candidate sends the application, his PCC is still valid.
However, during processing of the application his PCC expires.

How does CIC treat this case? Will this PCC be accepted or rejected?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sushsmart15 said:
I totally agree with you Asivad here on this topic.

Take the below example for UAE PCC which is valid only for 3 months from the date of issue:
UAE PCC date: 20th April 2015 (will be valid only until 20th July 2015)
ITA date: 12th June 2015
Application submitted: 10th July 2015

When this candidate sends the application, his PCC is still valid.
However, during processing of the application his PCC expires.

How does CIC treat this case? Will this PCC be accepted or rejected?
This will be fine. CIC doesn't care much about the expiry date written on the PCC. Other countries have explicitly stated that their PCC is valid for 1 year but CIC doesn't accept them beyond 6 months.

In this case, the PCC would've been valid for submission till 20th Oct. It doesn't matter if the PCC (or IELTS for that matter) expires during processing.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Thank you very much for the clarification Asivad.

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So as long as the PCC is valid at the time of submission of the eAPR there would be no issues?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heeru_maan said:
So as long as the PCC is valid at the time of submission of the eAPR there would be no issues?
Funnily, the validity is determined by CIC and not by the issuing authorities.

For the country you live in, PCC is valid provided it is less than 6 months old at the time of submission regardless of what it says on the document about its validity.

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Funnily, the validity is determined by CIC and not by the issuing authorities.

For the country you live in, PCC is valid provided it is less than 6 months old at the time of submission regardless of what it says on the document about its validity.
Thanks! Gotta love how messy everything is under Express Entry! ;)

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with all the above... however, there is another issue here in this case: since this is an electronic pcc, it clearly staes that its authenticity needs to be verified online...the codes and logins given for any insitute todo the verification have also been provided.... under tht assumption, if cic wants to check authenticity afer 3 months, it might be possible that it doesnt show up in the system.
could it be possible that all pccs less than 6 months will expire within the timeframe given, and anything 6 months or more will expire in 6 months no matter what?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EFK said:
I agree with all the above... however, there is another issue here in this case: since this is an electronic pcc, it clearly staes that its authenticity needs to be verified online...the codes and logins given for any insitute todo the verification have also been provided.... under tht assumption, if cic wants to check authenticity afer 3 months, it might be possible that it doesnt show up in the system.
could it be possible that all pccs less than 6 months will expire within the timeframe given, and anything 6 months or more will expire in 6 months no matter what?
I imagine all PCCs are valid for at least 6 months regardless of what it states on the certificate. In your case, you can choose to send in an LOE explaining the unique situation here.

Nov 27, 2017
Anyone?

I called the Dubai police call center and they confirmed that its 100% original, and the new system does not require a stamp... and it should be accepted for Canadian immigration..

Does anyone have any idea on this?

Hi dear EFK,
It has been two years since you posted this, but since I'm now in the same situation, I would like to know how things went with you regarding the UAE e PCC, have you submitted it? have it been accepted? If not been accepted what else did you do?

Best regards,