+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate for express entry Invitation to apply

manp1988

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Canada
Hi,

I received an ITA to apply and I am in the process of uploading documents. There is an option to upload police clearance certificate. From what country it is needed?.
My wife has lived in India and never visited Canada so I am assuming her PCC needs to be of India. She has a PCC from India of last year (2021)
I am working in Canada but currently in India on leave. Does mine PCC needs to be India or Canada ?
I have a PCC of India made in 2020. Will that work?

Thanks!

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
You (and your wife) need a PCC from every country in which you spent 6 months or more (in a single stay) in the last 10 years. For the current country of residence, the PCC must be no more than 6 months old. For other countries, it must be issued after your last 6 month stay in that country (same for your wife).
I think you don't need PCC from Canada (I'm assuming that IRCC can easily check your Canadian records) but I'm not 100% sure as it doesn't apply to me so I never checked in detail. Maybe someone else can confirm.

manp1988

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Canada
You (and your wife) need a PCC from every country in which you spent 6 months or more (in a single stay) in the last 10 years. For the current country of residence, the PCC must be no more than 6 months old. For other countries, it must be issued after your last 6 month stay in that country (same for your wife).
I think you don't need PCC from Canada (I'm assuming that IRCC can easily check your Canadian records) but I'm not 100% sure as it doesn't apply to me so I never checked in detail. Maybe someone else can confirm.
Thank you for your response. My wife has PCC from 2021 and i have a PCC from 2020. Will that work?. There is a huge delay in getting PCC from India.

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Thank you for your response. My wife has PCC from 2021 and i have a PCC from 2020. Will that work?. There is a huge delay in getting PCC from India.
If neither of you spent more than 6 months in a row in India since those PCCs were issued then it should be fine.

manp1988

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Canada
Hi. I have got Police character certificate. It is not Police Clearance but it has my photo, application number, the date it is issued- 2 dec 2022, and this is what it is mentioned

This is to certify that Mr. "ABC", S/o. "XYZ". is a resident
of "address-of-india". The concerned
Police Station is "police-station-area".
After enquiry carried out by the Police Station "police-station-area" local Intelligence unit and the District
crime Records Bureau, nothing adverse was found against Mr. "ABC"
On the basis of the above enquiry, this _character certificate is being issued to her/him.
This certificate is v!llied for the One Year only

Will this work?. Can i use this?