+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Character Certificate validity issued 1 year ago

rishirga

Jul 19, 2012
Hello everyone

I am into process to check my documents for ITA in advance. So I want to know about Police Character Certificate requirements. Is there any specific time limit like it should be issued within 6 months or 3 months before to apply for PR.

I have visited many countries and lived more than 6 months there. Before to leave every country I took my police character certificate for me and my wife both. But they were issued long back and not recently.

So my question is that will be valid to submit or should I reapply to get new ones.

Please advise!

Best Regards,
Rishi

lucky07

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Rishi,
As per CIC guidelines, PCC should be issued within 3 month of submitting the application. So in your case, you need to collect PCC again.

rishirga

Jul 19, 2012
Hi Dan

Its not about the basic or advance question. Its about clearing all doubts. Any one can have at any time. so please bear in mind even for your application.. there is no harm to ask to clear to be at safe side.

sometime even a question might seem very stupid instead of basic though I feel its better to ask. Well it is just my opinion. I knew it was 3 months but I just wanted to make sure.............

Anyways thanks for the link.

nick.rwth

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
EE 474 points (6th draw)
rishirga said:
Hi Dan

Its not about the basic or advance question. Its about clearing all doubts. Any one can have at any time. so please bear in mind even for your application.. there is no harm to ask to clear to be at safe side.

sometime even a question might seem very stupid instead of basic though I feel its better to ask. Well it is just my opinion. I knew it was 3 months but I just wanted to make sure.............

Anyways thanks for the link.

Since you got your PCC, have you ever visited countries for which certificates you have?

rishirga

Jul 19, 2012
nick.rwth said:
Since you got your PCC, have you ever visited countries for which certificates you have?
No I never went back there again. That's is why this question is striking to me....

rishirga

Jul 19, 2012
dan_and said:
My point is not that you shouldn't verify your questions, even if they are basic.

My points is that you didn't bother to look up the information yourself.

This forum suffers from congestion and people asking the same questions over and over again.

Normal forum etiquette dictates that you try to find existing posts for questions before starting a new thread. That's all.

Anyway, you're welcome. Good luck with your application.

Might be you are right but everyone's situation is different so sometime the answer might change too...I did not get anyone else here who asked the question in same term like after leaving country he/she never visited back

rishirga

Jul 19, 2012
I have visited 7 countries and hve PCC from all before leaving and never went back there. So I am thinking once a person did not go back there how can he/she do any crime. It is a big task to get PCC from 7 countries...........

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rishirga said:
I have visited 7 countries and hve PCC from all before leaving and never went back there. So I am thinking once a person did not go back there how can he/she do any crime. It is a big task to get PCC from 7 countries...........
1. Well you have a choice. You follow CIC's instructions here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp or your application will probably be refused as incomplete.
2. CIC is not interested in having to contact all the countries where you have resided to determine you haven't returned and committed a crime.

nick.rwth

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
EE 474 points (6th draw)
My advice is following, use old certificates but apply for a new one - pay a fee.
In a letter of explanation add that you using old and applied for a new.
Mention that you will provide new one when it is ready and upon request.

Nobody tested and reported that old one worked, but it might.
Then if CIC decide that old one is not needed you might ending up just loosing spent fee and nothing else.
This could save money on certified translations and else.

As I have PhD and 474 point I plan to try that way.
One police certificate is April 2015, and Another January 2014+application fee receipt from April 2015.
If they need new one they will request it and I will provide, if not then just money saving.

nick.rwth

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
EE 474 points (6th draw)
thats it ;D :p :-*