+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificates - Need advise

Oct 3, 2008
I have lived in two different countries since 18 for over 6 months, so I have to present police certificates of both countries. One of the countries is my home country where I do not have any problem to get those documents. However, It is very difficult for me to get the other one from the other country because I do not have relatives or close friends to get them for me. I know some people have faced this problem and wrote a letter to CIC explaining their cases and eventually CIC would accept that. What should I do?

AndreaSA

Feb 3, 2009
Get the document , even if its extremely hard to get. Otherwise you may be risking it and delaying you application, up to you.

yasirmajid

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Try to contact the police stations by calling them. If not then, let me know if you lived in UK and probably, I can assist you in that! It will be extremely difficult. Probably going to that place on visit visa ..let other have their input!

Yasir
Link2canada.ca

benoy

May 20, 2009
it actually depends on the country you have lived. for some country, they have special email address/phoneno contact, for their police affairs, where you can directly speak/mail. For some countries, you can contact their embassy, in the country, you are presently living. www.cic.gc.ca have the informations.

Police certificate is a MUST producible document. Your application will be delayed, without.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if the country you are talking about is saudi arabia, you are exempted of providing police clearance from them (only current legal residents of that country can get such a certificate) as it says in the immigration website in that regard :

"Saudi Arabia

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes. However, certificates are available only to current legal residents."

the source : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/saudi-arabia.asp

elotanciongco

May 27, 2009
actually canadavisa office in bufallo emailed me how to apply pcc from saudi which is through saudi embassy or consul however the waiting time is 3 to 4 months; the hard part is whenever i try calling the embassy to follow up the status of the application, nobody will answer the phone. Well, there is a recorded voice message stating to leave your phone number and they will call you back but I've done this a hundred times and they have not returned my calls; so even if I submitted an application I still do not have the assurance that I will be issued a Saudi pcc.