+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate from Saudi Arabia

HMar

Dec 17, 2009
Hello All,
My parents are being sponsored for Canadian Immigration and I have a question regarding the police certificate.
My dad worked in Saudi Arabia from 1975-1982. He has not been there since then. From what I read in the application is that he needs a police certificate for every country that he has lived for more than 6 months since reaching the age of 18. Now, the problem is that Saudi Arabia does not issue such a certificate (it gives a police certificate only to current residents - that's what I understood from the Website). Any idea of what we should be doing in this case? Has anyone been in such a situation and what was the solution?
Thanks for your advice and input.
BTW - the papers are going to be process in Damascus.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you check the CIC website? It has all the instructions on what to do for non-residents: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/saudi-arabia.asp

HMar said:
Hello All,
My parents are being sponsored for Canadian Immigration and I have a question regarding the police certificate.
My dad worked in Saudi Arabia from 1975-1982. He has not been there since then. From what I read in the application is that he needs a police certificate for every country that he has lived for more than 6 months since reaching the age of 18. Now, the problem is that Saudi Arabia does not issue such a certificate (it gives a police certificate only to current residents - that's what I understood from the Website). Any idea of what we should be doing in this case? Has anyone been in such a situation and what was the solution?

HMar

Dec 17, 2009
Yes, I checked that website and it says the following:
"Yes. However, certificates are available only to current legal residents."
I thought the procedure that is explained below that is for getting the certificate for current residents.

I don't think if one is currently a non-resident has to go there to get the certificate. Anyway, I don't know if they give a visa for someone to go to Saudi Arabia for a police certificate.
Am I missing something here? Does someone who has not been in Saudi Arabia for more than 20 years have to get a certificate from there?

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you lived there for 6 months after turning 18 you have to get a police certificate.

Attach a cover letter to your application explaning your situation, then wait for information from the visa office to find out how to proceed.

HMar said:
Yes, I checked that website and it says the following:
"Yes. However, certificates are available only to current legal residents."
I thought the procedure that is explained below that is for getting the certificate for current residents.

I don't think if one is currently a non-resident has to go there to get the certificate. Anyway, I don't know if they give a visa for someone to go to Saudi Arabia for a police certificate.
Am I missing something here? Does someone who has not been in Saudi Arabia for more than 20 years have to get a certificate from there?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Saudi Arabia will issue PCC with finger print to foreigners, only for those who are currently resident there. Any person with visit visa cannot get PCC from Saudi. For your father, he can contact the Saudi Embassy/Consulate in Damascus with his old passport which has a Saudi Visa on it together with a Canadian Immigration paper to prove the purpose of PCC. The Saudi Embassy will co-operate.
(
HMar said:
Hello All,