+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POF . Wife bank account plz help

h2omd

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all

Can I include my wife's bank statement with mine so that our accumulative funds reach the minimum required by cic ??

If so , does my wife have to also include 6 months bank statement or just her overall balance.

Also, would it be ok if I transferred money (around 10000 cad) from my wife's account to mine and provide an explanation to cic via a letter of explanation pointing out that the money was transferred by my wife .

Please note that both me and my wife are currently in Canada and both are accounts are with TD

Efka

Aug 15, 2015
Inland BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Do you know by now is your POF ok? My case is even worse. My partner is the principal applicant and all of our POF are on my account (not a Canadian account). As POF I included my 6-months bank statement. We got decision made in ECAS 3 days ago and it got me all worried now...

pav

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am PA and I got money transferred from my husbands account and give all the details in LOE and it is ok

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your spouse is part of the application, i do not see the issue, it doesn't matter which applicant has the funds since it is assumed they will live together. Just submit both accounts under proof of funds.

If CIC suspects it is not a true relationship, they will refuse the application on that basis. No need to mention proof of funds.

If you're still concerned, make the account a "joint" account" (if you can) before printing the statements.

pav

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eddie_in_NL said:
If your spouse is part of the application, i do not see the issue, it doesn't matter which applicant has the funds since it is assumed they will live together. Just submit both accounts under proof of funds.

If CIC suspects it is not a true relationship, they will refuse the application on that basis. No need to mention proof of funds.

If you're still concerned, make the account a "joint" account" (if you can) before printing the statements.
even if spouse is accompanying,you cannot show his/her funds as POF,CIC instructions are clear that PA name should be there.
Yes you can have a joint account.

Reactions: sam.m