+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POF Question

HAILMANU

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Hi Guys,

I received ITA in June on 536 points. Received AOR July 30 after submitting my app. From reading all the posts Im concerned now that I made a mistake in not submitting enough information in the POF part of the applicaton. I got a letter from the bank (bank of Ireland) stating my balance of $13100 and got a statement showing account details for 6 months. The thing is the account was largely empty up until July - I transferred $4500 from my account in Scotia bank into it and my parents transferred in around $8500. I didnt explain either of these deposits - although I did get a letter of good standing from Scotiabank.

The thing is, I'd hired an immigration consultant in Canada who is supposedly reputable (he was recommended by the Irish Immigration center in Toronto) and he told me that the above was perfectly sufficient - that there wasnt a need to get a letter from my parents stating that the money was gifted or anything. Also without wanting to be controversial he suggested that CIC are far less likely to heavily scrutinize POF's from people coming from developed European countries - much more likely to scrutinize POFs of candidates coming from less developed economies.

Basically I'm asking the knowledgeable people on this forum whether Im likely to be rejected on this basis? And if I am rejected would I then go back into the EE pool and still be able to be redrawn and reapply? At least I wouldnt have any issues with POF 2nd time around as Im keeping the funds in a/c until I hear on my app

Ustaad

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
HAILMANU said:
Hi Guys,

I received ITA in June on 536 points. Received AOR July 30 after submitting my app. From reading all the posts Im concerned now that I made a mistake in not submitting enough information in the POF part of the applicaton. I got a letter from the bank (bank of Ireland) stating my balance of $13100 and got a statement showing account details for 6 months. The thing is the account was largely empty up until July - I transferred $4500 from my account in Scotia bank into it and my parents transferred in around $8500. I didnt explain either of these deposits - although I did get a letter of good standing from Scotiabank.

The thing is, I'd hired an immigration consultant in Canada who is supposedly reputable (he was recommended by the Irish Immigration center in Toronto) and he told me that the above was perfectly sufficient - that there wasnt a need to get a letter from my parents stating that the money was gifted or anything. Also without wanting to be controversial he suggested that CIC are far less likely to heavily scrutinize POF's from people coming from developed European countries - much more likely to scrutinize POFs of candidates coming from less developed economies.

Basically I'm asking the knowledgeable people on this forum whether Im likely to be rejected on this basis? And if I am rejected would I then go back into the EE pool and still be able to be redrawn and reapply? At least I wouldnt have any issues with POF 2nd time around as Im keeping the funds in a/c until I hear on my app
Hi HAILMANU,

I don't want to freak you out or something, just let you know that a few members on this forum have been rejected because they had an unexplained 'spike' in their account balance before 6 months of submitting the application. A few even provided a letter from parents saying that they have gifted their children these funds, still the applicants got rejected (probably because of a lack of proof of transfer of money from their parents account to their account).

I would suggest you that (if possible) you can send a CSE along with the proofs that your parents gifted the money to you, with the proofs of the same; prior to CIC makes any decision. Its better to act now rather than submitting explanations when you are rejected. Hope it helps!

Thanks!

HAILMANU

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Ustaad said:
Hi HAILMANU,

I don't want to freak you out or something, just let you know that a few members on this forum have been rejected because they had an unexplained 'spike' in their account balance before 6 months of submitting the application. A few even provided a letter from parents saying that they have gifted their children these funds, still the applicants got rejected (probably because of a lack of proof of transfer of money from their parents account to their account).

I would suggest you that (if possible) you can send a CSE along with the proofs that your parents gifted the money to you, with the proofs of the same; prior to CIC makes any decision. Its better to act now rather than submitting explanations when you are rejected. Hope it helps!

Thanks!
Hi Ustaad thanks for reply, ya i think you may be correct, decent chance I could have difficulties. I think at this point I'll leave app as it is and just hope that I come out ok. If I am rejected than I'll reapply, or hopefully rather than rejecting me outright maybe they might simply come back and ask for additional detail - in which case I would then provide. I really only started to get nervous after reading about Asivad Anac's rejection. He's prob one of the most knowledgeable people on the forum and if he can get rejected after getting ITA then anyone can. At this point im just gonna hope the Canadian consultant I paid knows what he's doing and keep my fingers crossed. I keep the forum update on my situation (whether im successful or not) because the information may be benificial to others in a similar position to myself

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HAILMANU said:
Hi Ustaad thanks for reply, ya i think you may be correct, decent chance I could have difficulties. I think at this point I'll leave app as it is and just hope that I come out ok. If I am rejected than I'll reapply, or hopefully rather than rejecting me outright maybe they might simply come back and ask for additional detail - in which case I would then provide. I really only started to get nervous after reading about Asivad Anac's rejection. He's prob one of the most knowledgeable people on the forum and if he can get rejected after getting ITA then anyone can. At this point im just gonna hope the Canadian consultant I paid knows what he's doing and keep my fingers crossed. I keep the forum update on my situation (whether im successful or not) because the information may be benificial to others in a similar position to myself
I hope you land your PPR soon! And if CIC allows your POF to pass through without question, I will sue them! ;)

HAILMANU

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
I hope you land your PPR soon! And if CIC allows your POF to pass through without question, I will sue them! ;)
Thanks man, keeping the fingers crossed. Ive been lucky enough because the company I was working for in Toronto (needed to leave as my 2 yr visa was about to expire) was able to transfer me over to their office in Ireland. Would love to get PPR and get back over their. Great place to live, great quality of life.

Hoping for you to get your PR in time also!

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
I also suggest that you send a CSE explaining everything so you can get PPR and get back to your life in Toronto.