+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POE CONCERN

Venice1508

Jul 4, 2015
I would just like to ask our experts' opinion regarding landing at a different airport other than my proposed final destination. I plan to land in Winnipeg as I intend to stay in my friend's house for a short vacation before heading to my condo in Regina. He would tour me around then drive me back to my condo in Regina after that. My university is in Regina (which is right beside Manitoba). I have his address in Winnipeg and my address in Regina to show at POE. I will also provide funds (excluding my educational funds) to cover my travel.

Do you guys think I am allowed to do this? Or will it send a mix message to the officer? It is not my intention to work. I just really want to explore the beauty of the country before class starts. Besides, snowfall starts in November and I would like to get on top of everything before winter dreads. I'm so confused since this is my first major travel alone.

Any insights?

oscar11

Jun 21, 2015
As far as I know this will be not a problem. I have seen similar situations before and there wasn't any issue for those students.

try asking CHC