+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP in Ontario

Feb 22, 2011
Hi Guys,

I applied for my PNP( provincial nominee program through work). I am an Ontario resident and after graduating from a university in Canada a Canadian employer filled for my PNP papers. I was approved and so was my work. After approval by the province, I was asked to submit my file to federal government for the Immigration Purposes under Provincial Nominee category. I looked up online and learned that it takes 11months to get my PR (I applied in January 2011). Since, I have been living in Canada under Student/Work Visa for a few years now, I had to send my application to the US - Buffalo.

Now, I am getting very tired of the job that I am in. there is discrimination and everyday frustrations at work. I just want to quit as I have something better I can go to in another city, but still the same province i.e. Ontario. Can someone please advice? - Will I be jeopardizing my immigration by quitting this job? Do I have to be working with the same employer until I get my immigration? Nothing is listed on the PNP website (ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/index.htm) neither is anything mentioned in the Citizenship and Immigration website (cic.gc.ca).

Anyone applied under the PNP category with an employer's initiative? How well did it go and did i really take 11 months? Can i quit this job to take another one?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
That's very interesting. Well, I've gone through the same procedure and applied to Buffalo this Jan, 2011. The processing time used to be 6-8 months and now turned 11 months which is sad. To my knowledge, your PNP certificate has your employer's info. And if you change your employment, that's obviously going to impact your immigration since you have applied based on your employment.

I would suggest not to consider leaving your current employer till your are done with immigration. But again, I don't know your situation. You can also talk to Opportunities Ontario. They are very prompt in assisting via phone/ email/ facebook.

Good Luck!

vbomb

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
1122 business management consultant
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
07-SEP-2010
Nomination.....
23-MAR-2010
AOR Received.
01-SEP-2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
01-SEP-2010
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-MAR-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-APR-2011
LANDED..........
19-APR-2011
newimmigration said:
Hi Guys,

I applied for my PNP( provincial nominee program through work). I am an Ontario resident and after graduating from a university in Canada a Canadian employer filled for my PNP papers. I was approved and so was my work. After approval by the province, I was asked to submit my file to federal government for the Immigration Purposes under Provincial Nominee category. I looked up online and learned that it takes 11months to get my PR (I applied in January 2011). Since, I have been living in Canada under Student/Work Visa for a few years now, I had to send my application to the US - Buffalo.

Now, I am getting very tired of the job that I am in. there is discrimination and everyday frustrations at work. I just want to quit as I have something better I can go to in another city, but still the same province i.e. Ontario. Can someone please advice? - Will I be jeopardizing my immigration by quitting this job? Do I have to be working with the same employer until I get my immigration? Nothing is listed on the PNP website (ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/index.htm) neither is anything mentioned in the Citizenship and Immigration website (cic.gc.ca).

Anyone applied under the PNP category with an employer's initiative? How well did it go and did i really take 11 months? Can i quit this job to take another one?
I understand your situation fully... and we just have to suck it up till we get PR. I work 10 hours days and I'm on salary so I get no over time. I "get" to go to clients site in remote areas (we are talking about literally no wifi connection in most places) and work with them till 6PM, go to the hotel and work some more till midnight and then fly back home at 5AM!!! because they're too cheap to book another night at the hotel. I was on the plane on Thanksgiving, going back from work and they didn't give me additional days off because I was "not working" just traveling then etc. etc.

Be careful about quitting, not only can they report that you don't work for them but also in the final passport request, CIC asks you to send confirmation of your on going employment with the company in order to issue you the visa. PPR CANNOT come early enough!!! It's been nearly 10 months for me and no PPR in sight so yes definitely plan for 12 months!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Add' docs requested Sept 7 '10
Add' docs sent Sept 22 '10
More docs requested: Feb 16 "11
Hey vbomb,

I see that you have been asked to submit additional docs after you were done with your medical. Do you mind sharing what was the issue? It's that I recently applied to Buffalo and long way to go. I am hoping to receive the 'letter of acknowledgement' sometime in March.