+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP approved Express entry

Help needed

May 26, 2015
Hi all,

Hope you can help. I applied for express entry after I got my PNP approval and got an ITA. When I applied for express entry I entered funds as $12000 hoping they won't ask for funds proof but they have asked me to get letter from the bank. But the express entry website says if you are working in Canada then you don't have to show funds. I am really confused now as I recently paid all my study loan and now don't have much money in my account. I emailed Express entry people to ask what should I do but hasn't got no reply.

Is there anyone who is having same issue and know what can be done.

nrj123

Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess everyone did the same thing...i have done same thing too...lets see what others have to say about this. Anyone has any idea pls.

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Help needed said:
Hi all,

Hope you can help. I applied for express entry after I got my PNP approval and got an ITA. When I applied for express entry I entered funds as $12000 hoping they won't ask for funds proof but they have asked me to get letter from the bank. But the express entry website says if you are working in Canada then you don't have to show funds. I am really confused now as I recently paid all my study loan and now don't have much money in my account. I emailed Express entry people to ask what should I do but hasn't got no reply.

Is there anyone who is having same issue and know what can be done.
Even though you are employed within Canada, since you opted for a Provincial Nomination,you are required to abide by the Provincial Fund Requirements and hence would need to have the Bank Letter for the proof of funds. i believe you would have shown Proof of Funds when submitting the application for Provincial Nomination and hence you need to show the same. After your EE application, you would also be asked to upload Schedule 4 where you'll again mention the Funds that you'll bring/have as part of the provincial requirements.

If you apply directly as a CEC without provincial nomination, then you do need to show POF.

Luther

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
Hey I applied under Express entry and i got BCPNP. I submitted my application with only 4,500 for my self and common Law. We both have full-time Jobs and in my Job offer letter my employer showed that i earn 42,000 per year while my partner earn 33,000 per year and we submitted our application since Oct,10 and nothing like this was requested even though CIC has requested other additional document. Nothing for Proof of funds has been asked. However i have a work permit which was from the PNP locked to my employer. Plus i have been in Canada for 7 years. My advice to you they and run around your friends and what ever you get add your T1 Papers to the list of documents. Wish you best of Luck.