27-08-2014
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
27-08-2014
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Hi everyone,

I've been reading the forum for a long time now and it's been an invaluable source of information. I have a question now that I couldn't really find an answer for anywhere, so I hope someone can help! Basically my problem is: if you applied for both PNP and LMO, and the PNP got approved but the LMO rejected, does that affect your PR application or any future employment prospects in Canada?

In November 2013 I applied for the BC PNP as well as LMO. I had been working in BC since December 2012 under IEC, and my employer was willing to back me up for a continuation of my work permit. I know you don't usually need the LMO for PNP, but an immigration consultant I met with recommended submitting both, so that if one is rejected I can still have a chance with the other one (since a positive LMO alone can be enough to get a TWP at the border, and at this point my boss and I would be happy even with a TWP, as long as I can stay legally in Canada and keep working).

In early February I received word that my PNP application had been approved (YAY) so I went down to Peace Arch a week later and got a 1 year extendable TWP while I'm waiting for the PR to go through (YAY #2). So last week I went back to work (YAY #3). At this point I hadn't heard anything from the LMO yet.

Today my boss called me and said Service Canada just called and told her that the LMO has been rejected - apparently there had been mistakes in our recruitment efforts (mainly just stupid technical stuff, such as one misspelling of the company name in one of the job postings.. SHEESH those people are anal) and that she needed to resubmit the application and pay the fees again. My boss told them that I already got a new work permit, which they didn't understand (my boss failed to clarify that I got it through the PNP) and kept telling her that she needs to try harder to find a Canadian worker for the job. Much confusion ensued and my boss was left thinking that my TWP was invalid somehow and that I had gone back to work illegally with a "false" WP. I told her that was most certainly not the case, but it got me thinking anyway.

But since I've already been given the PNP nomination and a TWP, does a negative LMO make any difference? Because a positive LMO wasn't necessary to get the nomination, it shouldn't, right?

My main concern is that once I start the PR application, is the negative LMO going to come back and haunt me? Does CIC pull out information like that from Service Canada? Or can Service Canada revoke my current TWP somehow, now that they know I was given one even though the LMO turned out to be negative?

Has anyone had a situation like this?

Greek26

Jul 31, 2013
Hi,

you have no worries.
Service Canada refused to issue LMO to your employer, not to you personally.
That has nothing to do with your current work permit, your status in the country or your future applications to CIC.

If you have new work permit, and you did not lose status in the country you have nothing to worry about.

shalu005

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
lethbridge
Category........
App. Filed.......
15-nov-2013 ..file number on 13-dec 2013
Nomination.....
25 feb 2014 ....got on hand 6 march 2014
u have valid status ..nothing to worry..
greek26 is right

liisa227

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-02-2014
AOR Received.
27-08-2014
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
27-08-2014
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Thanks for the input! I feel more confident now that no one's going to take this away from me :D

immigrationaspirant

Oct 29, 2013
LMO is just labor market opinion. If your PNP as rejected then you had something to worry about. If you have been approved for PNP then its all good.