+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PMM Where do I start?

lecy2000

Sep 26, 2007
Hello,
I'm a 21 year old Australian girl and I want to move to Canada. Unfortunately I don’t qualify under any category as I'm only 21 and aren’t considered a skilled worker. My reason for wanting to immigrate is that I want to be with my boyfriend.. who is a Canadian citizen.
I can come to Canada for up to 6 months as a visitor, but I'm pretty sure that I will have to buy a return flight ticket back to Australia, and the plan is to stay in Canada.
I have no idea of where to start or what my best option would be.
Please can you offer some advice?

Lecy2000

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lecy2000 said:
Hello,
I'm a 21 year old Australian girl and I want to move to Canada. Unfortunately I don’t qualify under any category as I'm only 21 and aren’t considered a skilled worker. My reason for wanting to immigrate is that I want to be with my boyfriend.. who is a Canadian citizen.
I can come to Canada for up to 6 months as a visitor, but I'm pretty sure that I will have to buy a return flight ticket back to Australia, and the plan is to stay in Canada.
I have no idea of where to start or what my best option would be.
Please can you offer some advice?

Lecy2000

Why don't you look into the SWAP program http://www.whpcanada.org.au/ It will give you an open work permit to work for a year in Canada, there are presently 1242 visa still left for this year.

PMM

lecy2000

Sep 26, 2007
Thank you so much for your help! I will look into applying for the WHP Work Permit. I just have one more question.. what happens if I wish to stay after that permit expires? Am I able to then apply for a skilled worker visa whilst i am still in Canada?

Lecy2000