+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Plz help PR renewal

zamis

Dec 16, 2009
I got my PR in 2005 n stayed few couple of days n then left canada n now arrived in dec 2009 before PR expiry in feb 2010 n now staying n done with 730 days. Pls help me with few questions:

1. can i apply for PR renewal or canadian citizienship
2. if i apply PR renewal what to fill the questions in the form IMM 5444 section C-address, work, and educational history and section-D Residency obligation. Pls answer to this clearly what i should fill as i was out of canada after i collected my PR card in feb 2005 and came in december 2009. i didnot stay with any candian resident or permenent resident wen i was in my origin country. so, confused what should i write in this columns.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'll help you with your first question.

If you have lived in Canada for at least 730 days out of the last five years - then yes, you can apply to renew your PR status.

It doesn't sound like you qualify for citizenship yet. To qualify for citizenship, you must have lived in Canada for three out of the last four years.

Hopefully someone else can help with your second question.

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zamis said:
I got my PR in 2005 n stayed few couple of days n then left canada n now arrived in dec 2009 before PR expiry in feb 2010 n now staying n done with 730 days. Pls help me with few questions:

1. can i apply for PR renewal or canadian citizienship
2. if i apply PR renewal what to fill the questions in the form IMM 5444 section C-address, work, and educational history and section-D Residency obligation. Pls answer to this clearly what i should fill as i was out of canada after i collected my PR card in feb 2005 and came in december 2009. i didnot stay with any candian resident or permenent resident wen i was in my origin country. so, confused what should i write in this columns.
I am assuming you haven't traveled out of Canada since you came back in December 2009. Is this correct? If so, then don't apply until you have 730 days which should be in December 2011 (2 years).

If I were you, I will add one or two weeks before applying. So in your case you can apply in January 2012. It all depends on what date in December 2009 you came in and if you havent left Canada since you came.

If you do this, then you dont need to fill Section D since you have over 730 days of physical presence.

As for section C, fill in the correct information. write your address(es) and the dates while you were in your home country and your address(es) and the dates while you were in Canada. Same applies to work history etc.

zamis

Dec 16, 2009
Alabaman said:
I am assuming you haven't traveled out of Canada since you came back in December 2009. Is this correct? If so, then don't apply until you have 730 days which should be in December 2011 (2 years).

If I were you, I will add one or two weeks before applying. So in your case you can apply in January 2012. It all depends on what date in December 2009 you came in and if you havent left Canada since you came.

If you do this, then you dont need to fill Section D since you have over 730 days of physical presence.

As for section C, fill in the correct information. write your address(es) and the dates while you were in your home country and your address(es) and the dates while you were in Canada. Same applies to work history etc.
Thanku for ur reply.

I like to know about the section C question 21. Since i stayed in my home country for 1490 days ie between nov 2005 to nov 2009, where i lived outside of canada, should i mention this in the columns and there was no specific reason as well also. Please mention what i should write for reason if i have to fill this question. one more doubt is my total equals 1490 days which is more than 1095 days so should i fill section D as it is mentioned below this question too. Please help me with this.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zamis said:
Thanku for ur reply.

I like to know about the section C question 21. Since i stayed in my home country for 1490 days ie between nov 2005 to nov 2009, where i lived outside of canada, should i mention this in the columns and there was no specific reason as well also. Please mention what i should write for reason if i have to fill this question. one more doubt is my total equals 1490 days which is more than 1095 days so should i fill section D as it is mentioned below this question too. Please help me with this.
They only ask for the last 5 years so if you apply say on January 1st 2012, you only list from January 1st 2007. You list all your addresses and travels during that period and if you have not been outside Canada for 1095 days or more, you are ok.

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zamis said:
Thanku for ur reply.

as for reason why you were away, an example would be "work" or "studying"... or whatever you were doing.

zamis

Dec 16, 2009
Thanku Leon and Alabaman for ur response.

Since i was in home country from 2005 november to 2009 november, but have travelled to canada in feb 2005 so should i mention about this or not. Since i have stayed in canada between 2009 november till date when i apply in january 2012 it will be more than 730 days but less than 1095 days. so, once again want to confirm should i fill the section D or not. Please reply.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They are only asking for the last 5 years. If you haven't been outside Canada for 1095 days or more in the period between you apply and 5 years earlier (january 2007 to january 2012), then you do not fill out section D.

In C fill in address history, work/education/what you were doing history and travel history only for the 5 year period.

ksa2can

Oct 18, 2010
Dear All,

Any issue in renewal if you have stayed for 730 days but without work and surviving on your savings. Appreciate your replies. Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ksa2can said:
Dear All,

Any issue in renewal if you have stayed for 730 days but without work and surviving on your savings. Appreciate your replies. Thanks
It is only a problem if they don't believe you. If they ask you to prove that you were really in Canada during this time, it could be hard for you.

zamis

Dec 16, 2009
Thanku Alabaman and Leon for ur response.

Plz help me with the documents which im suppose to enclose with the application. Should i send my expired PR card, my valid passport copy and also the previous expired passport copies which shows my travel history and should i attach my landed immigration copy as well. Plz help me in this regard.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zamis said:
Plz help me with the documents which im suppose to enclose with the application. Should i send my expired PR card, my valid passport copy and also the previous expired passport copies which shows my travel history and should i attach my landed immigration copy as well. Plz help me in this regard.
You can find your forms and your application guide at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/prcard.asp

Your application guide at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5445E.PDF will on page 5 list the documents you need to send with your application.

Your application form at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5444E.pdf also has a document checklist at the end of it.