+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Plz help me with my special situation for traveling visa

mengyuan

Apr 8, 2015
Plz!! Can anyone give me a solid confirmation of my question?

I am an international student in UK and I applied for a traveling visa in London in order to have a trip to Canada this year. However, my passport was lost and then I applied for a new passport at my embassy. But I found my passport days ago (with my Canada travelling visa on it). Since this passport will not work anymore (already cancelled)…Can I use both of my old and new passports to travel to Canada? If I can't, I also do not have enough time to apply for a replacement of visa(processing time is one month), can I apply for a new visa when I study at USA (still i am not a US citizen, just will study there this year)?

The best option is clearly I can travel with both of the passports. I can not get connected with CIC and the Canadian Border officers do not have a solid answer either. Does anyone have a similar situation? Could you plz help me!! Or could anyone help me to call CIC and explain my situation for them? thanks !! plz help!

Best wishes,
Mengyuan

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mengyuan said:
Plz!! Can anyone give me a solid confirmation of my question?

I am an international student in UK and I applied for a traveling visa in London in order to have a trip to Canada this year. However, my passport was lost and then I applied for a new passport at my embassy. But I found my passport days ago (with my Canada travelling visa on it). Since this passport will not work anymore (already cancelled)...Can I use both of my old and new passports to travel to Canada? If I can't, I also do not have enough time to apply for a replacement of visa(processing time is one month), can I apply for a new visa when I study at USA (still i am not a US citizen, just will study there this year)?

The best option is clearly I can travel with both of the passports. I can not get connected with CIC and the Canadian Border officers do not have a solid answer either. Does anyone have a similar situation? Could you plz help me!! Or could anyone help me to call CIC and explain my situation for them? thanks !! plz help!

Best wishes,
Mengyuan
1. If you reported the loss of the passport and the visa to London, they have probably cancelled the visa.

mengyuan

Apr 8, 2015
PMM said:
Hi

1. If you reported the loss of the passport and the visa to London, they have probably cancelled the visa.
thank u! I only reported the loss of my passport, they have no idea I had a Canadian visa on my passport and I had found my passport back. Is there any problems? Thx!! BTW my embassy says the cancelled passport will not effect the validity of visa